~~Daily Feed, post what made you laugh today ~~

sniff6

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a while, this made me laugh though - out of curiosity I asked a main dealer in London about costs of replacing brake pads and headstock bearings (Yea I know I should do it myself but I been really busy lately! and am being pretty lazy - I have the parts and my local garage will do the lot for £100) This is their response:

"The cost for parts with labour is £457.81 inc VAT."

"Do you have a breakdown of how you arrived at £457.81? Off the top of my head; OEM bearings cost £25-35, brake pads cost £15-£30, so if we are saying the top end for parts is £95 and labour cost is £90 ph, - that comes out at 4 hour job?"

"The labour is 3 hours with a cost of £75 ph plus VAT

PADS £82.32 +VAT  In stock
BEARINGS £74.19 +VAT in stock"

Not sure about anyone here but I have never seen brake pads at £82 or headstock bearings for £74 :lol:
  • Like 1

I think £75 per hour plus vat is the going rate for most maindealers across the uk, possibly a little higher in the Smoke. Dont think they are rerally interested in repairing older bikes, just want to sell new ones on pcp deals, and then service them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw this and thought "NO" this is just wrong unless you have 2 broken arms and can't reach your face.. And at $149 it's just to stupid.

81JIhvcfKYL._SL1500_.jpg51yR%2BOGASHL.jpg