fzr600 advice

Jay_S
This post is 4189 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok so im planning on going for my full bike licence and the bike im after is late 80's early 90's fzr600 (with the twin round headlights). Reason being is i like the older styling, what do they handle like? Are they a good bike? Reliable? My first thought was an r6 but they are to new for my likeing and at around £2k, alot of money to stack. Any information on the fzr would be grea thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just the bike your after 1989 3HE twin headlight , great bikes for the money , an FZR will not handle like a R6, but cheap classic insurance , you can pick them up on ebay for £500-£600 but you would be better looking at a few more £s and getting a really good one , I picked mine up 3yrs ago ,full service history , 31K , and it never fails me,

trouble is I dont ride it enough more into 2 strokes than 4 ,

get a test ride before , cane it in second and see if it jumps out of gear , this is the week spot on old gennys, oh and the plastics go rock hard and brittle so check em

best colour is the one I have red white

th_01052010006.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online