Yamaha xt 125 x digital speedo not lighting up

egghead
This post is 4181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Air head i don't even have a clue where to start to see if its getting power i took the speedo off the other day opened it everything looked fine ie no water or any thing that looked burn't out etc checked to see if all wires were conected everything seems to look in order ....

I would put money on it, it is the same thing that has happened to me and thousands of other people. People told me to check all other possibilities and got my hopes up, but ultimately it was shagged.

• 4 weeks later...

The speedo's on XT's are wank, eventually it will stop working

altogether. You might as well just buy a new one like mine. It

will just keep fucking up and blag your head.

Unscrew the speedo then have a look behind the headlight, my full beam stopped working and it turned out it was all corroded, it

might be the same thing. It sounds like it if you have banged it and it come back on. The connection will have corroded.

Just an update where the horn is and lights button is etc I took it off and it was full of water I dryed it out and now the speedo is fully working with no problems at all thanks guys for all your info and look forward to asking more questions in the near future......

Just an update where the horn is and lights button is etc I took it off and it was full of water I dryed it out and now the speedo is fully working with no problems at all thanks guys for all your info and look forward to asking more questions in the near future......

Give it a spray of WD40 in there occasionally egghead, It will prevent corrosion from the water ingress ;)

Nice one, I bet your buzzing now.

Oh yeah proper buzzing glad I got to the bottom of it glad I didn't buy a new speedo at least now if it happens to someone else they can read this and hopefully sort there's out coz there's nowt on the net about these speedos an there like rocking horse shit to get hold of or it's 125quid for a universal plus fitting crazy cash .....

You can get the speedo's for £212 from A J Suttons, but I think they are shit now I've got an aftermarket one.

It has far more features and is a lot better. Just make sure you keep it dry and all the other electrical parts.

Like Airhead said use some good old WD40.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online