Yamaha xt 125 x digital speedo not lighting up

egghead
This post is 4159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi every one iv run into a problem last weekend i went out on my bike for a few hours and the speedo was working ie. lighting up telling me the speed etc came home put the bike away come to go out on it again and nothing no speed it dosen't light up what could be the problem ? also noticed that the blue full beam light don't come only light that works is nutrual.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Egghhead,

I also have a 2006 XT 125 X and unfortunately for us XT owners the speedo's breaking is a common problem. The only solution is to buy an aftermarket speedo and fit that. There is no point buying a Yamaha one because it will just break again in time. I have just recently replaced my speedo with this one and it is excellent, in fact it is better than the Yammy one. I know it's a bitch but thats the only way, this is the speedo I have just had fitted, I highly recommend it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Trail-Tech-Vapor-Digital-Speedo-Dashboard-Stealth-Motorcycle-Universal-/140842979969?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20cae55281#ht_2380wt_819

I paid a garage to fit it, and he said it was a ballache. But if you know what you're doing it is supposed to be pretty straight forward.

I love it, it's a great speedo, especially for the price.

TrailTechSpeedo003.jpg

TrailTechSpeedo001.jpg

26B7D221-34D4-48E3-9138-DA2471C8F2AC-21586-000010FF5D7CFB4D.jpg

8E252072-B1DA-4A4D-9290-85945ACFCDB4-21586-000010FF5153F8AA.jpg

Yeah mate, it just went off. I was really pissed off and after researching the subject found out it was a common problem on XT 125 X/R's. The only solution is to do what I have done or buy a Yamaha one for £230 and the wait until the exact same thing happens to that one.

I know it's a sickener mate, especially if your skint but the speedo is f*cked. It has happened tpo thousands of XT's.

My full beam wasn't working at one point but it turned out to be a corroded connection. When my speedo died the indicator and neutral light worked but the speedo didn't.

cheers for the reply looks like its gonna be a new speedo im gutted... why would yamaha put these clocks on if there known for dying might just trade the thing in for a aprillia rs or a mito seems to be somthing every week with this bike lol

HAHA, sorry mate but if you traded your bike for an RS or other 2T you would regret it within a few weeks. Yes, they are faster, but they are high maintainence and expensive to run. My XT has been ultra reliable apart from the speedo and just general wear and tear. XT's are extremely rteliable bikes with engines that are that bullet proof (providing you look after them accordingly)! I think your just having a spot of bad luck and/or the guy(s) who had the bike before you did not maintain and care for it properly. If you do get a 2T you will need to start learning how to strip and rebuild engines, set up carbs, jets, and loads of other mechanical skills. Just start giving your XT some TLC and she will come good.

lol iv had 6 rs aprilias never had problem with the engines. though id get this xt125x as i could do mod 1 and 2 onit the guy i bought it off keept it well maintaned full service every 6 month i pay £1100 for it and its in imacullate condition i just think im getting the bad luck for this bike as he said he's never had a problem with it when he owned it .......

They are supposed to be really good bikes, many guys on here have praised them. I wanted a WR 450 F but apparrantley they are very powerful and are too much for everyday road use. They are better suited for proper off road. I keep changing my mind though. Whatever I get it will be mint lol. I can't even be arsed with a car now.

Airhead it's a done deal, Mines already fitted and working. It doesn't run of the existing loom. Check out my pics.

yeah it looks very nice too grouch, but I was meaning egghead...before he shells out the readies, it might have no supply...is that possible?

Egghead has the same bike as me so if he buys the same speedo it should be fine, although mine is a 2006 and if his isn't it could possibly be different.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online