car insurance and bike NCB

Grover
This post is 4183 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

does anyone know of a car insurance provider that accepts a bike NCB for a car? i've heard that there are a few out there, and would probably need to ring round, but if anyone has an inkling (or a car ideally :P) it'd be much appreciated, since i need to run a car to be able to get into the job i want, but im not paying £4000 for insurance on a £3000 car when my bike insurance is only £400

thanks peeps!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think Carole Nash does a 6 wheel policy.

Insurance NBC is not normally transferable between bikes and cars but there is often a discount if you can show road experience by the use of a different mode of transport.

i thought so, but on no comparison website for car insurance are you able to show that you have riden a bike for so long without incidence, perhaps contacting insurance brokers directly would help

and id better check carole nash, might be worth it coz i REALLY dont want to lose my bike for my job

as i have 3 years no claims on my bike, i was keen to hunt around for the same kinda insurance company as you are looking for when i got insured for my first car.

being 19 and male getting first insurance for a car was allways goign to be costly ! haha

i tried the carol nash 6 wheels things, but it turned out to be more expensive than insuring them sepretly -

i suggest "insurethebox" the box for car but think carefully before selecting them as they fit a tracker to the car, and also there policy's are limited milage. . . but for me. that was the cheapest option at £1500 for a 2002 1.2L clio, that cost £1000!

insurance companys are pump.

Insurance companies are not my favourite, but if you see the way some of the young uns around my area drive there Clios, Novas, 106's and Saxos then you can see why insurance companies charge what they do.

The problem is how you can prove to your insurance company that you are not going to drive like some of the other idiots do, so that you can benefit from a lower premium because you are driving safely and within the law.

iv just done it....

iv got 7 years no claims with my bike but my car insurance company ( Tesco Bank) could only transfer a maximum of 4 years. the rest would be lost but considering im 25, and have had my car license for 6 months its not a bad deal....next year il have 5 years no claims on my car and that reduces insurance costs loads.....so much in fact that i can afford to get a vauxhall insignia 2L TD on finance and insure it (£715 fully comp with all bells and whistles) for the same price that im paying for the insurance on my vauxhall astra 1.6 (with 0 years bonus)

so yeah give tesco bank a call as all they ask is for written proof of your no claims from your bike insurance company

i had to phone my bike insurance company to get them to e-mail me the proof of no claims then printed it out and sent it to the free post address that tesco bank gave me with a covering letter.......a week later i got a call from tesco bank to confirm the details, set up no claims protection and reduce my monthly payments by £50 .........thats what i call a win!