Biker caught doing 104mph past a horse

sniff6
This post is 4171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me high viz is for people working on the side of the road at night.

or something people wear on a construction site when people are walking about..

1st thing you throw them in or on a vehicle. then the vehicle is more noticeable than a jacket..

"if you walk in to a room with a r1 and a high vis jacket on the floor.. I guarantee you will notice the r1 1st.."

if you have to get off the bike because you broke down on the side of the road and you have no lights Then high vis would be useful to wear.

but i dont see any reason to have high viz if its not dark or your lights actually work.

if they cant see you in day light on the back of a bike. then high viz wont make them see you..

if they cant see a shining ball of light mysteriously traveling at 40 Mph down the road at night.. then high viz wont help them see you either..

i really think every one should be made to ride a bike for 2 years before they get a car.

i dont think any one after driving riding about for 2 years would then fail to see a motor bike..

having said that..

I wont be caught driving at night without high vis. but i really dont think it will help me any lol..

if they dont see a head light coming at them then they wont see my high vis because to start it they mostly arent pointing there lights at you when they pull out infront of you.

but with the 6v lighting on the rxs a nice reflective rear number plate seems to be more visable than the stupid tail light.

but that should still mean no need for high vis.. just take all the blind people off the road.

high vis on a bike is like wearing a hard hat in your crane/whatever on a construction site..

if something is big and heavy enough to fall and flatten/come through the cab. then a stupid white hat wont protect you.

and if they dont see a friggin bike they wont see your jacket. because the only way they dont see the bike is if they arent even looking. or are to busy doing something els

well, its about "every little helps", if you can make yourself (meaning you and the bike) a little brighter, you might be seen slightly further away

and its not hard to get a jacket with a little reflective piping, and a bright colour won't go amiss, but the full on yellow jacket and pants is the extreme, coz there's no way youll miss a yellow reflective man on a bike with its lights on, because as you know, EU regs prevent making a new bike that can turn its headlight(s) off

basically, have as much high-vis as you feel necessary to be seen, the more the better, but theres no law about it, you can't fail a test for it and a traffic officer won't bother considering your fashion sense

I'd say get a tank, drive around and SMIDSY every car around... but someone already did a video of that, didn't they!

I'd say get a tank, drive around and SMIDSY every car around... but someone already did a video of that, didn't they!

but a tank is a right pain to get through a drive-thru without relieving the building of its eaves

I'm in a fecking TANK... DILLIGAF about such trivial matters??!!

Whatever the road conditions, I *always* have right of way.

Admittedly, it's likely to be an FV432, but I'll have a 20mil Rarden atop it and/or enough space in the back for a warm water waterbed!

H-Licence, here I come!

I'm just going to give my 10p worth on the High visibility clothing debate you are having . With myself being new to bike riding I wear alot of high visability clothing for a couple of reasons firstly at 5:00 am when I set off for work and its dark and my way of thinking with being new on the road is I want to be seen by the other road users and have a high vis lid, jacket and pants ( and yes it has been said I look like the yellow power ranger lol ) even tho I wear these high visability clothing there are still silly barstewards who pull out on me ! on one occasion it was daylight dry also had lights on and still the silly buger nearly had me off my bike ! so no matter how hard we try by wearing high vis clothing , having lights on etc, there are some bad drivers who just do not look proply.

In my honest opinion that lad who was doing over a tone past a horse needs his head read.

hi-viz is good , it's also easier to see in low light, the problem we have is "subconsciously?"we are not a threat to them .so they don't see us.

as for the guy doing the ton . :eusa_think: we give it some when we can.