I"v joined DirtyDT,, on the dark side,

blackhat250
This post is 4026 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just emailed a engine rebuild company,, does your piston have windows ? the old models are solid, Rm250 looks same,

http://www.roadanddirtperformancebikeparts.co.uk/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The loose one that came with the bike was solid too. They may be all the same apart from the A and X models?? I haven't had the top off the spare engine yet.

• 4 months later...

Well finished the TS250, test ride today was great, new crankseals /bearings have made a big difference. . i never renewed the fenders ,as chrome ones wudda set me back £400. :eusa_snooty: ,And if your gonna ride it, they would get ruined,, new rims and spokes [stainless]

bead blasted barrel/head. new piston[ std ] Ready for next weeks classic meet, [ hope its warmer] :jossun:

SuzukiRESTORED020.jpg

SuzukiRESTORED022.jpg

SuzukiRESTORED019.jpg

SuzukiRESTORED025.jpg

Yea bugger the chrome. Its for dirt not polish. Go smokin....

nice one mate :thumb:

get it on the foams calender thing.

I'm with the above, looks good as is without the chrome mudguards

Great job.

Hopefully we can get a picture of the 2 TS's together at the F1se weekend. There is some chrome on fleabay for yours at the moment but all highly priced.

I need to take mine for a spin. Only about 15 miles on the new L/H seal but I have rejetted the carb and had the exhaust off for a repaint since then.

Yeh newmee" that chrome is extorsionate, i upped the main to 205 [ std-190] its a very ridable bike, compared to the DT175.

. Got a Fazer1000 on way for a big bike. selling the illiminator900. fuel tank too small [ 80 miles to tank] so roll on summer,

SNOWING here as i look out window,,, :eusa_snooty:

Last piccy of illiminator,,

SuzukiRESTORED016.jpg

Very good to ride for a '70's single 250. I have upped the MJ to 200 -may go higher.

Very warm here in the Middle-lands. So warm I have been doing this today:

ya6strip3.jpg

Warm" :icon_eek: remind me of what that feels like,,, :eusa_boohoo: Thats some frame eh , pressed steel , whats all the dirt underneath,

TS looks great blackie,,,,,, well done.

Hopefully we get a summer this year !!!

Did ya get new or older model Fazer 1000

...... Thats some frame eh , pressed steel , whats all the dirt underneath,

Yep, sold pressed steel.

The dirt is my very own part of Milwaukee, off the bike. The closest I have actually been to Milwaukee is Minneapolis.

Did ya get new or older model Fazer 1000

Its a 03 Plate pat. in blue. i hope the guy comes good with the bike,,, am awaiting his reply,,, :jossun:

Its a 03 Plate pat. in blue. i hope the guy comes good with the bike,,, am awaiting his reply,,, :jossun:

Nice one,,,, I think the fazer 1000 is the perfect touring and all-rounder of a bike

ill give ya me old Blue lid so your colours are all matching. :spin2: