WR450 F

Grouch
This post is 4053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think that when i went from dirt bikes to a sports bike but to be honest you dont even notice it.

On a sports bikes is less turning the handle bars and more leaning, probably doesnt make sense but turning the bars full lock on slow manouveres makes life harder.

The nsr 125 jc20 I had was the same crack, twin round headlights indipendant of the forks but I never got to use it on the road in dark!

Nearly all the cornering was banking

Jesus that little bastard was a flying machine!!!

I used to think that when i went from dirt bikes to a sports bike but to be honest you dont even notice it.

On a sports bikes is less turning the handle bars and more leaning, probably doesnt make sense but turning the bars full lock on slow manouveres makes life harder.

Definitely, sports and offload are require totally different riding techniques.

I think i have some experiences with the XT range owning only a few.

Starting from the oldest.

1975 XT500C Nice clasic bike but expensive for every day use, easy to ride but needs a good right leg to start but very easy to ride and enjoyable

1977 TT500D Nice rare xt 500 version needing the same right leg to start and technique , cool like the XT and a hoot on the country lanes.

1978 XT500E same as the 500C but not as rare but still enjoyable to the point i dont want to get off it once im out on it.

1984 XT600 43F lovely ride and still needs a good right leg, easy to ride and a hoot again on the country lanes small tank but easy to wheelie.

1985 TT600 59X same motor as the 43F but smaller inlet valve wo more torque, YZ49 forks and ohlins rear so excellent and grunty on country roads

1986 XT600 tenere electric start and a huuuuge big petrol tank easy ride and just as much grunt as the XT600

1999 XT600 2KF same grunt and same hoot on the country lanes , cheap good fun if you can find a good one , still needs a bigger right leg.

2001 TT600R Awesome bit of kit , same right leg required but lots of fun , small petrol tank though so limited range but excellent off road but heavy

2010 XT660R excellent all round bike small fairing if your on the motorways , electric start and very good on country lane but heavy off road.

Fueling is only an issue when riding and low speed 15 20mph in town as it at a speed that cause a surging feeling but I prefure the 660 than

than my old BMW 1200 Adventure.

I cant comment on other makes or models but all the XT range have something going for them, have atest ride on a 660 first then try all the others.

One good bike to start with was the BMW 650 Dakar which was an easy bike to live with and reliable.

Hope it helps, and only the chosen few who have owned an XT500 will be able to give any negative feedback.

My favourite , all of them

TTB

I think i have some experiences with the XT range owning only a few.

Starting from the oldest.

1975 XT500C Nice clasic bike but expensive for every day use, easy to ride but needs a good right leg to start but very easy to ride and enjoyable

1977 TT500D Nice rare xt 500 version needing the same right leg to start and technique , cool like the XT and a hoot on the country lanes.

1978 XT500E same as the 500C but not as rare but still enjoyable to the point i dont want to get off it once im out on it.

1984 XT600 43F lovely ride and still needs a good right leg, easy to ride and a hoot again on the country lanes small tank but easy to wheelie.

1985 TT600 59X same motor as the 43F but smaller inlet valve wo more torque, YZ49 forks and ohlins rear so excellent and grunty on country roads

1986 XT600 tenere electric start and a huuuuge big petrol tank easy ride and just as much grunt as the XT600

1999 XT600 2KF same grunt and same hoot on the country lanes , cheap good fun if you can find a good one , still needs a bigger right leg.

2001 TT600R Awesome bit of kit , same right leg required but lots of fun , small petrol tank though so limited range but excellent off road but heavy

2010 XT660R excellent all round bike small fairing if your on the motorways , electric start and very good on country lane but heavy off road.

Fueling is only an issue when riding and low speed 15 20mph in town as it at a speed that cause a surging feeling but I prefure the 660 than

than my old BMW 1200 Adventure.

I cant comment on other makes or models but all the XT range have something going for them, have atest ride on a 660 first then try all the others.

One good bike to start with was the BMW 650 Dakar which was an easy bike to live with and reliable.

Hope it helps, and only the chosen few who have owned an XT500 will be able to give any negative feedback.

My favourite , all of them

TTB

Thanks, I have looked at the Dakar's, they're a very attractive bike and being BMW's I would imagine they're well built.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online