WR450 F

Grouch
This post is 4053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark,

I had my heart set on one, but after this thread decided to get an XT 600. God Damn they are a nice machine. I've watched a lot of video's on YouTube featuring them, and they are a powerful bit of kit.

Wr450's arent scary, there a good bike. But stuff riding one to work! Unless you work in the Welsh hills....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also currently in this dilemma and I want to stick with Yamaha. I'll prob be investing in a new bike next summer and I went through a similar cycle to Grouch but I think I've finally settled on a XT660Z Tenere.

That's what I've settled on an XT 600/660. You just can't beat the XT's they are brilliant all rounders. I think I'll get a wr still for weekends.

• 1 month later...

friend of mine has a xt660, smooth as you like to ride although i do belive there fueling system is poor - he is on about fettling it with some after market part cant remeber off hand but its supposed to smooth it out.

only problem he has had with his is the front fork seals.......

ive been on his and it does pull well and very comftable, bin the cans there huge and ugly get some decnt after market ones

ken

friend of mine has a xt660, smooth as you like to ride although i do belive there fueling system is poor - he is on about fettling it with some after market part cant remeber off hand but its supposed to smooth it out.

only problem he has had with his is the front fork seals.......

ive been on his and it does pull well and very comftable, bin the cans there huge and ugly get some decnt after market ones

ken

Cheers Ken, what do you mean about the fuelling system? Does it guzzle it?

No pal I think it makes the throttle a little bit snatchy sometimes - me pal says its ok but could be better !!!

I'm sure there are reviews on the web try mcn.

I'm looking into getting one there very nice bikes

Ken

Here's the new model WR450F,,,,,,, they dont look that comfy but suppose there not built for that.

2013-Yamaha-WR450F-EU-Racing-Blue-Studio

And the 660 Tenere

2013-Yamaha-XT660Z-Tenere-EU-Yamaha-Blue

The only thing I don't like about the XT660 is the way it's designed to steer. Not sure what the technical term is but I'm more a fan of the supermoto/enduro/naked setup where your headlight would point in the direction you steer. It just seems like it would be pretty weird to turn but have the front bike to be in a constant position.

Most bikes with a fairing are like that.lads. Think of a sports bike.

That is true, I only think the time the light wouldn't be pointing in the direction of the front wheel would be pulling away and turning same time but it does look strange now you have pointed it out lol

Ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online