WR450 F

Grouch
This post is 4074 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, is that going to a 600 supermoto wont be that much of a big deal. As long as you dont jump on something like a husaberg fs650 or a ktm 660 you will be fine, i went from a dt to a 650 supermoto and loved it, only had 50ish bhp so not ground breaking and they can be picked up cheaply. The cost of swapping engines probably wouldnt be worth it as it will most likely de value your bike when you come to sell it as it raises questions more questions.

This was my bike, only sold it for a sports bike as i fancied a change. Sports bikes arnt too bad for commuting if its mostly motorway but for traffic and city riding a supermoto or naked would be ideal.

IMG_0091.jpg

I loved that bike, was brilliant fun.

From first hand experience i can say that supermotos are more fun than sports bikes around 80% of the time. If you bought a sports bikes for weekends youd probably still end up using the sm instead (I know i would).

I will use for my sm for commuting and then on a weekend I can go out and give it some on a superbike lol, also I can be a posing little cunt lol.

The thing is, is that going to a 600 supermoto wont be that much of a big deal. As long as you dont jump on something like a husaberg fs650 or a ktm 660 you will be fine, i went from a dt to a 650 supermoto and loved it, only had 50ish bhp so not ground breaking and they can be picked up cheaply. The cost of swapping engines probably wouldnt be worth it as it will most likely de value your bike when you come to sell it as it raises questions more questions.

This was my bike, only sold it for a sports bike as i fancied a change. Sports bikes arnt too bad for commuting if its mostly motorway but for traffic and city riding a supermoto or naked would be ideal.

IMG_0091.jpg

I loved that bike, was brilliant fun.

Looks like a really nice bike, how was it for quality and reliability?

Was a brilliant bike. I know it says ccm on the tank BUT it has a suzuki xf650 engine in, better version of the dr650 as it has bigger valves etc. Suspension is all wp same as what you see on ktms, ajp wheels and acerbis plastics so you cant go wrong. Was a solid bike, loud and great fun for back roads, was good for 110mph but i wouldnt recomend it as it felt horrible and is made for acceleration. Theres a good following for them on the ccm forum so if you ever had any problems they would definitely get you going again. And one last thing its really easy to work on, such a simple bike but great value for money, can be had now days for around £1500.

A big factor in my decision is what is available at the time. I just can't make my mind up. I need to start thinkling about getting my test booked. I'm that busy wioth work and Uni though it keeps getting put off.

I love that bike Yamahead, i bet it would cost a fortune to get one like that now days.

+1 on the fact that a moto is the best muter,don't get me wrong i love my 1200 but when your running stop and go it's a waste of bike .It will do 60 mph in first gear and it's not light for quick lane changes.I am used to it and can throw it around,but if were to jump off a 125 and get on it ,it would feel a ton..

As for buying whats available when you want it ,,thats the wrong way to buy a bike, there are billoins of bikes to buy. I have never bought any bike car truck without test driving it first ( unless it was a basket case project) once you have your full licence and cash in hand then go and ride the bikes you think you want untill you find the one you realy like.

Ireely didn't think you were going to rush in and buy the first bike to come your way,more the point was,,,, dont they have dealer ride outs there, where you get to ride all the new bikes?

Here ever year you can go and ride every new bike from 125 to 1800,, and bikes I thought I would like after riding them I hated them, IE ,V storm 1000 looked cool but what a piece of crap it turned out to be .way to much torque and shit for top end. And vice vs I realy didn't think I would like the Vt 1800 honda being as its 7 feet long and weighs in at a ton and a half but it actualy suprised me as easy to ride.

I never thought about test riding bikes. I would love to buy a used one from a dealer all nice and shiny lol. Dealers are too greedy though, I can easily save myself a grand buying private. It's just matter of patience and perseverance.

My local Ducati dealer wont let you test ride unless your over 25 =(

I can easily save myself a grand buying private. It's just matter of patience and perseverance.

Indeed!....that's how I bought my XT6 :icon_wink:

LOL who said anything about buying from the dealer,the only bike i ever bought from the dealer was my bandit and it was new,I bought and fixed up sold 4 bikes to come up with the cash.

Every year yam canada suzuki canada harley canada ect has demo days and they bring the new bikes to different citys and you go and ride them .I never miss them it's great fun to spend a day riding nice new bikes and burn thier gas ,each ride last about 45 min now you can't out and out flog the piss out of the bikes .But by the end of the day the team riders now how good a rider you are, so i always ride the fastest shit last and they let me get away with wheelies,this spring on the suzui ride I was drag racing the lead rider on a gixer 1000 and me on a b king fyi the bking is faster .It was the last ride of the day and there were only 4 riders so we went out for 2 hrs I switched with the lead rider for 20 min and relised i would never own a gixer 1000 for anythig but racing it was the most uncomfortable ride of the day. The best part is when I get back on my bandit I remember how much I love riding it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online