Hi YOC, YBR125, Few questions!

Cemsahil
This post is 4231 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Ladies and Gents, I'm Cem, I just bought myself a Yamaha Ybr125, I'm 19, and due to pass my CBT on Tuesday.

I bought my bike about a month ago, and since then have found that I would need to replace my exhaust system, as the previous owner, patched over my exhaust pipe many times with thermal paste, and I have just spotted as it fell off it revealed holes -.-.

I was wondering, what is the best option for the exhaust, to buy a new stock one, or pay a little extra for an aftermarket one which would make it sound better, and will that make my insurance go up?

I'm looking for a Yamaha YBR125, 06 Model, road legal exhaust, I saw that IXIL one, but everyone says it's not road legal, is it possible to make it road legal or?

Anyways... anyone know of any not too expensive, perhaps £150-200?

And when I got to insure my bike, what sort of insurance should I be looking at? I'm getting quoted £502 P.A from MCE (Lowest), is that too much or about right? Like I said I'm 19, it will be L-plated YBR125, and I would put it in my garden with an Oxford Screamer Disc lock!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome, if I was you I would put more than a disc lock on it, if your keeping it in your garden. I would buy a few heavy duty chain and padlocks to secure it to a solid object like a pole or a metal fence. Your insurance quote seems about right. If you have used a compare website then thats the best your going to get. MCE isn't that bad either. They give you free breakdown cover and insurance on your helmet and leathers. You could always go third party only, but then if your bike gets stolen, your knackered.

Thanks with regards to the insurance! I may get a chain too... I guess I will go for MCE, a lot of people recommend it.

Any ideas on a good road legal exhaust to get to replace my broken stock one?

Hey and welcome to the forum! I have a YBR too - fun little bike to learn on.

Hi Cem,

Just a thought about exhausts; i wouldn't recommend going motard unless you want it to sound loud. (in which case, fine.. but it is only a 125cc bike.)

Have you got good a good down pipe out of the engine?

If the pipe is buggered, you might have to get a new exahust system, though at the moment with stainless being the same price as mild steel, you might be able to pick stock replacement one up for £100 from a local yam vendor.

> such as.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-YBR125-YBR-125-EXHAUST-SILENCER-2005-2006-558388-GPM-CLASSICS-/120911101017?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c26dcfc59

If the pipe is good but the can is well rogered, i recommend an aftermarket slip on exhaust like "the big one", but it may require some hands on angle grinding and fine tuning of your carb to get just right.

> such as.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-DT175MX-Silencer-Big-One-After-Market-Alloy-Silencer-/300782871279?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item46080e62ef

The choice, as they say, is yours

I just saw a thread earlier asking about exhausts and shizzle.

the '05 to '08 models were carb models, '08 -> are fuel injected, i think there's a technical spec out on the internets that requires some sort of sensor from the injector unit to the exhaust. Make sure you get the right model for your bike!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online