CDI Units

littlej
This post is 4237 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is there any way that i could find out which units will be suitable for my bike.

The one that is in is labelled TID14-39

IAE-10 With 602 stamped in the silver box

Having said that, which gasket sets could i use for the same engine? It is sooting up all four plugs after maybe 100 miles. I have noticed that the inlet valve on cylinder one could do with a regrind so i am assuming all eight will need doing, therefore a gasket set is need before i start.

Its an XJ750RL imported and about a 1983 manufacture

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye litte,j" check out speedshop, www, hes a member on here, they doe remakes of CDI, for lots of models,,,

sooting up plugs, shes running ritch,,, check float levels, and air filtre.

I was wandering if it was the carbs causing my problems, but would all four go the same?

Also, i get no flooding when idling or with the engine off. I do think that a carb overhaul woould be useful but this will leave me with the conundrum of which gasket sets/jets should i get. Would i be wise to get the same as our 750 SECA?