Sun and Bugs...

bippo
This post is 4225 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all! So I've finally done it - gone out for a weekend ride in the glorious weather!

Since picking my bike up a couple of weeks ago, I've simply strolled down to the shops or gone out for a local jaunt for practise seeing as I've never ridden before.

Anyway, around family commitments, I had a few free hours today, and how could I resist this weather?! So I've just come back from a 90 mile ride around some glorious roads. For those who know the area, I went over Woodhead Pass and around Holmfirth / Penistone and then back towards my house, out over Snakes Pass, down to Castleton and over Winnats Pass before ending up in Chapel-on-le-Frith and back up into Glossop.

No dramas, just great views and a lot of bugs flying into my visor!

This is what riding is all about... :-)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lot of bugs flying into my visor!

Do you know whats the first thing that goes through a bugs mind when it hits a visor?

His ARSE!

I had a wasp smack me in the teeth on way home tonight lol open face helmet is like a bug magnet lol

nice one bippo, my 'neck of the woods' there

Fantastic riding roads up here. Moved here around 6 years ago. :-)

I had a wasp smack me in the teeth on way home tonight lol open face helmet is like a bug magnet lol

Ha ha! As a pillion, the worst I had was a falling acorn on my knee cap. I'm sure I have all this to look forward to. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

40º Celsius, countryside along Cordoba Province (Argentina), Route 8 going to Mendoza/Chile... chewing suicidal butterflies, and a nice grasshoper appears sleeping on the road...

An example.

250px-DesertLocust.jpeg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online