Betty

Noise

Hey guys and Gals,

Well i thought id give you all first dibs before she goes on Ebay.

Firstly as you all may know she is a 2000 XVS 650 Dragstar, and Slightly modified. She is no show bike so if thats what your after stop reading now and have a google at some shiny Harley's :D

But if your after a bike that you can ride in any weather and if it gets dirty still looks good (or even better) pulls like a train and gets looks every where you go then keep reading.

She has roughly 17K on the clock but im still riding her so will go up. Taxed and tested and was only picked up on the front tyre on the MOT. She starts first time every time.

Following MOD's she has,

Straight through pipes,

Short Ram cone filters on the carbs

122.5 main jets, adjustable pilot jet needles and adjustable diaphragm needles,

One off custom solo seat made in Chicago in the US of A, hand tooled leather with the Maltese cross and skulls.

Wide glide handle bars with custom made grips with indicators built in.

Custom rear fender and bobber rear/brake light

Short stumpy sports bike foot pegs for a little bit more lean in them corners.

I am in the process of re-painting the tank and tins after some fuck head pushing me whilst i was filling up so once this has been done i will post new up to date pics of her.

She is a cracking bike, very quick at pulling away and will do about 130 ish miles on a full tank but could do less if you are happy with treating her mean and that.

WARNING: she is load and proud, at about 80 95 DB's so if you want a test ride then don't be harping on that she is too loud. :D

Reason for sale, well to be blunt and non bullshitting..........im board of her, ive had my fun with her and would like to start a full custom build and need the funds to get this on the go. I know what i'd like for her but im open to offers. Any mickey mouse offers will be told to plainly piss off.

Tyre kickers and chin stokers that say "i need to consult with my wife first" can go to the nearest bike show room and waste a sale's man/woman's time not mine.

Click the link in my sig to see the project threat

Thanks for your time.

Hmmmmmm, tempting.............more a carrot man my self.

Wemoto sell alsorts of size main jets for a woping £3!! But if you get the wrong size n e-mail them they swop them for another size.

saw a boat in Dawlish the other day, it said

DILLIGAF on the side, I laughed and the missus didn't understand till I told her

• 2 weeks later...

Betty is now on ebay, I put her on there 30 mins ago and she has 7 watchers n over 70 views lol. I think she may sell. But you never know.

Just search xvs 650 bobber n she should come up.

Hey gizz I put two you tube vids on there with one being a walk round to show what its like and one with me riding it off down the road. Other wise it would have cost me £35 to put it on the bay.

Well betty didnt sell, the chap that won it emailed me to say he bidded on another bike n no longer wanted mine and the second highest bidder changed his mind!:@ So I take it only complete twats go on ebay!? So unless any one knows some one who wants her and is willing to pay good money for her point them my way. :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Price drop!!!!!

If any one is interested in buying Betty im happy to part with her for £2500.

You may have more luck on Autotrader or the MCN site, personally I will not buy anything off ebay, and I know I am not the only one that feels that way.

i put it on auto trader but it was taken off as i put the price down as im open to offers and cause some bloke offered me £500 and i said no he put in a complaint to Auto trader saying im advertising it at the wrong price! I was getting shed loads of e-mails and phone calls for it too. But no one rang back to confirm there offer.

I will give MCN a go tho.

Yeah Autotrader are very hot on that sort of thing, probably a bit too much sometimes, because there advertising price changes above a certain value they are trying to stop the traders that put the price on as £500 to get the lower advertising cost but then state in the advert that the price is not £500 but £5000.

I used MCN to sell my last bike and bought my last one through it, seems to be a lot less traders hiding as private sellers on there.