Yamaha XJ 600 Pre Diversion

iano
This post is 4222 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes I have one, its a 1989 model, just put new carb mounting rubbers on it and balanced the carbs but its still got problems and my fork seals need replacing, clutch was acting up but its a bit better now, watching a XJ900 now for a bigger grin factor lol

I used to have one when they first came out, mine was basically all white apart from the red and blue stripes, yours is also missing the belly pan that mine came with.

This is me Bender, made a bit of a mess logging a couple of different usernames over time - so glad to get a reply.

Professional Peter, hope you get your XJ600 sorted matey,

this one seems to be reasonably well looked after, a few issues but not enough to stop me taking off to Bournemouth tomorrow.

Yes the XJ 900 (pre-diversion?) is nice but too heavy for me and they won't do 58 mpg unfortunately.

144cz9y.jpg

remember a trip to Billingham, there was a night club, La Ronde ??? Can't recall,

saw some poor chap being hurled down the (circular?) stairs by bouncers, this was back in the early 70's.

Campaman - oh I wish you had kept it, we could have started an owners group.

. - the belly pan was removed to fix the engine bars I think.

24qied5.jpg

Love dogs too, Lurchers are the ones for us

• 3 weeks later...

This is me Bender, made a bit of a mess logging a couple of different usernames over time - so glad to get a reply.

Professional Peter, hope you get your XJ600 sorted matey,

this one seems to be reasonably well looked after, a few issues but not enough to stop me taking off to Bournemouth tomorrow.

Yes the XJ 900 (pre-diversion?) is nice but too heavy for me and they won't do 58 mpg unfortunately.

144cz9y.jpg

remember a trip to Billingham, there was a night club, La Ronde ??? Can't recall,

saw some poor chap being hurled down the (circular?) stairs by bouncers, this was back in the early 70's.

Campaman - oh I wish you had kept it, we could have started an owners group.

. - the belly pan was removed to fix the engine bars I think.

24qied5.jpg

Love dogs too, Lurchers are the ones for us

The La Ronde has gone now mate, been empty for a long time but the curly ramp is still there lol, didnt go down XJ900 route as money is tight

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online