77 XS igniton conversion

'77hammerguy
This post is 5454 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I'm in the middle of converting my'77 XS 750 from points to cdi but I need a diagram of the actual wire possitions on the ignitor box as I don't have a doner bike with the right harness. If anyone has a pic of one on a bike with wich cylinder goes where that would be great!

Thanks

Paully K.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I figured it out! I had everthing mirror image. I have now timed it and its running better than ever. If anyone else has an XS with pionts I would strongly recomend converting to cdi. If you need help let me know and I'd be glad to post a step by step of mine including pics.

I figured it out! I had everthing mirror image. I have now timed it and its running better than ever. If anyone else has an XS with pionts I would strongly recomend converting to cdi. If you need help let me know and I'd be glad to post a step by step of mine including pics.

hi i halve a xs750 us custom and would like to get a cdi unit please help me with info

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, my computer was all messed up.

The conersion is easy, I bought all the parts needed on ebay. You will need a spark box,

ignion advance plate, pick up coil, some wire, staycon spade conectors, and a timing light. You will need to make one harness going from the spark box to the ignition coils. Let me know when your ready and I'll send you some pics on locations and wiring possitions.

• 1 year later...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, my computer was all messed up.

The conersion is easy, I bought all the parts needed on ebay. You will need a spark box,

ignion advance plate, pick up coil, some wire, staycon spade conectors, and a timing light. You will need to make one harness going from the spark box to the ignition coils. Let me know when your ready and I'll send you some pics on locations and wiring possitions.

Hello,

I am running a yamaha xs750 d model (1976) which has points and condensers. Will your conversion work on my model.

I can get hold of a unit (complete) but I need some idea how to install it. If you had success in this conversion, I would be most greatful for any help regarding this conversion.

All the best,

John

Australia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, done a search and this seemed the best thread for my quest for a bit of info!

Just gonna try an fit a period, (very old box anyway) Pirahna EI to my 77 XS650. Seems

to all be there using an optical (infa-red) pickup system. However, the dang instuctions

aint in there! Soooooh, any u guys able/have/could copy/help with a copy, would be much

appreciated! Because I have the loom etc, most is self explanitory, but u Know, it`s nice

to ave these fings innit!

Thanks in advance guys, hope to be able to return some input myself FWIW soon.

Buncycle.

• 6 months later...

I am doing the same conversion that you did . i have a 1979 xs750 cdi and I am not sure of the wiring on the 6 terminal part of the CDI.

Can you help me out with the information that you had ?

thanks

Mark

Email: [email protected]

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online