Yamaha XT125 1983 valve clearances

This post is 4210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 month later...

Hi Sir Tony,

You have mentioned that you have a Yamaha data book.

If you don't mind my asking sir, would you pls tell me where did you bought that data book?

I have a yamaha stx 125 and I just want to know how to adjust my valve clearance and carbs air/fuel mixture.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Maxwell

Hi Maxwell

The two data books I have I got off ebay a few years and only cover models from 1979 -1983 and 1984-2001 and were originally issued to Yamaha dealers as quick referance books. They are only data books with service data settings and don't actually tell you how to do a specific job. Do you have a Yamaha dealer near you who will give you the settings but obviously he will be doing himself out of a job and might be a bit reluctant. Haynes don't seem to list that specific model. The options would be to see your dealer and see if a Genuine Yamaha workshop manual is available but these are usually quite expensive or to see how much he would charge to do the job.

Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online