'79 DT175MX Airbox question........

Ventura
This post is 4245 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Just trying to fine-tune the air/fuel setup of my recently restored '79 DT175MX which seems to be running slightly lean at higher revs/throttle position.

Looking at the top of the airbox/air inlet there is a circular hole there which Im not sure if it should be there.

Can I ask if any of the DT gurus here could clarify if its standard, or if a PO has taken a drill to it.

I realise it wouldn't make a great difference to A/F readings but it'd be handy to know.

Here's a pic, showing the "hole" in question, at the bottom, just before the connection to the airbox/filter housing.........

airbox2.jpg

Many thanks!!

V.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Many thanks Airhead! Much appreciated.

I know it won't resolve the slightly lean/hot running but good to know whats stock and what isn't.

I'll neatly tape it over with black gaffer tape.

What exactly is the contraption!?

Looks like its designed to make the air dizzy before it enters the filter box!..........

airbox1.jpg

V.

I think any induction roar will be well silenced by my fat @rse thats sat on top of it!! :)

Cheers again Airhead!

V.

can i just add something to this , i was wondering about that hole myself ! my airbox has one in exactly the same place but it has a piece of sticky oblong foam covering it ... that looked stock factory so i left it alone .