1980 Enduro Yamaha Having Carburetor Issues.

1980enduro
This post is 4247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have two different carberators. The one that came with the bike initially had the bike running a bit gunky and it flooded the carb and was always leaking.

I purchased a overhaul kit but all the pieces I received were incorrectly sized. They were all to big.

I called a small owner repair-man and asked him to look at my machine and he couldn't get it work.

I ended up buying a drop-in, new carb to put in. Now no matter what i do with this new larger carb (the pieces from the overhaul kit fit this carb) it always runs wide open. I am not sure if the bike is just a differnt year, or if it is a failed project.

The serial number is 3J0-002414

I haven't been able to find anything on those digits.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have hit my wall with this small engine.

If it isn't stated, this is a "1980" enduro 125

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi 1980 enduro. Sorry I can't help with the carburetor problems, but I can give you a piece of advice. You should go to the new member section and introduce yourself so the folks know who you are. You'll likely get more help after that. Good luck and :welcome: aboard the YOC.

Hi, sounds like the float in the original carb was defective/stuck and you went down the correct route by getting an overhaul kit. Sorry to hear tha the parts were the wrong size.

Lets see if someone can tell you if the original carb is the correct one for your bike.

I'm guessing that the carb is Mikuni. I've got an old one which I think came of a 175 and there are the numbers 525 61 stamped on a small 10mm x 10mm flat on the body of the carb. If the carb is off the bike you should be able to see it ok.

As this is the only number I can find on the carb (I checked it all over and inside the float chamber) I also guessing that this is the part number.

Let us know what yours is then some friendly 125 Enduro owner out there may tell you what number they have. You can probably read the number with the carb in place using a torch.

Good luck

Jim

p.s. filling in your profile will get more responses.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online