speedo converters

Stedman58
This post is 4248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, been riding round on my xv125 and a question is bugging me ( this is probably the start of a really dumb-ass question ). When I bought it the bike had a kph speedo with relevant stickers on at the kph equivalent of 30mph 50mph and 70.I bought a converter which works fine and is far easier to read but,does this alter the odometer , does it still measure kilometres - I know if I spent a bit of time I could probably work it out but if anyone knows the answer I'd be grateful. The reason I've taken to thinking about this is I've got my mod2 in two weeks and I cant afford to keep the xv and buy a bigger bike as well, so to save confusion when I put it up for sale I'd like to be sure of the mileage,cheers Steve

p.s. my guess tells me it converts to miles after the converter was put in, but I stand to be corrected,cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

p.s. my guess tells me it converts to miles after the converter was put in, but I stand to be corrected,cheers

Pretty much how I understand it, yeah.

Good news is, so long as you noted the km before you added the converter, you just divide that value by 1.6 and add to the remaining miles. I like easy maths!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online