data advice fz6 s

blue_fazer_dude
This post is 6903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, after some advice, I have been living in europe for the last 5 years. Earlier this year i purchased my shinny new fz6, howerver the situation has changed & i have come back to blighty.

I have imported cars & bikes in the past with no probs, but now the powers 2 b, want 2 know what tooth paste u use!

so if any one has a uk reg fz6 or knows the specs for the v55/5 it would be appreciated!

i get the impression that the local yam dealers arnt interested as they clas it as grey.

I have asked about recalibrating the electronic speedo, which i would have thought would plug into a computer and change the settings from kph to mph, but they say I have to buy a new one at £500 odd . again any advice would be great! :unsure:

thanks

Richard

p.s. fazer :D Grin factor 9

Edited by blue_fazer_dude

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

M&P sell electronic speedo convertors

Hi Thx, i just checked out the website £60 should sort it out, i just thought someone would plug a computer into my existing speedo & reprog it, save having stickers etc. Find it hard to believe that yam make a different unit in mph than kph!

cheers anyway! :P

Hi Thx, i just checked out the website £60 should sort it out, i just thought someone would plug a computer into my existing speedo & reprog it, save having stickers etc.  Find it hard to believe that yam make a different unit in mph than kph!

cheers anyway! :P

Did you get all the info you need? I have a Fazer on V5 so let me know if ya need anything else.

Grin factor 9 eh? You ride slow then? B)

Did you get all the info you need? I have a Fazer on V5 so let me know if ya need anything else.

Grin factor 9 eh? You ride slow then? B)

Thanks bazz, I'm getting there, just need to get a 'certificate of conformity' which according to the luvly girl at dvla, will have all the answers, but i get stuck i'll call u, p.s the dealer told me to keep it under 10,000 rpm for the 1st 1000 kms, maybe i'll get a 10/10 after, lol :D

ps been in touch with yam moto uk, can buy certificate for £75!

case of 'got u by the short & curlies' me finks! :angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online