Thinking of an r6

madandy
This post is 6640 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It is now time that i replace the FZ600 with something a little newer .I want a bike to commute to and from work each day , then on a Wednesday night go to the local bike meet (lotsa drag racing up the dual carriageway and country lanes with the odd wheelie attemptthrown in for good measure) then theres the longer runs on the motorway and going to meets a little further afield.Oh and then theres the early weekend ride with my 6 year old daughter thats the calm ride .Ilooked at a Suzuki TL1000r but think maybe just alittle too different, checked the insurance and cant do thr r1 thing so i thought of the r6 ,can any of you r6 owners give me a clue how fast top end ,what are they like two up etc.

I have seen a couple at the yamaha dealer near home and there are a couple of 1999 models with really low miles so any comments are appreciated

ta andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got a 2000 R6. More than fast enough, not too uncomfy on the motorway (if you go quick enogh to keep the weight off your wrists, officer :lol: ).

Wee bit wiggly over the rough stuff and is probably the worst bike ever for carrying a pillion. But then, that's not really why you'd buy an R6.....

can any of you r6 owners give me a clue how fast top end ,what are they like two up etc.

Dude, I have a 2K2 & I love it :wub:, bit light on the front end but a dampner will sort that & I also find the steering a little limited, especially tricky on tight r/abouts etc; However, all the pros far outway the cons so go 4 it dude, u will not B disappointed, believe :D

Anyone under 10 stone on the back is fine, my mate is 17 & I do have 2 tame my ridin' down somewot (actually, bigtime !! :rolleyes: )

Altho, I had my clocks registered 150 (private road, honest guv ;)), on my own I managed 159 B4 my 'sensible' head cut in & I shit myself & let off (the front wanted 2 fuck off somewhere I didn't !! :unsure: )

Book speed is about 165mph, 0>60 around 3 & half secs, gibe or take, but it always puts a smile on my face :D

:listen: BUY ONE, BUY ONE :thumb:

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2000 R6 in mint condition. Completely agree with the slow speed steering it can be a little hairy at times when you try and get into a small gap on a small roundabout :P but I'm getting used to it. One thing I would say is look at the price and the mileage.

For a 2000 on W plate list price is £3400, but if you get Yamaha to service it then you should check which service is due next. The key service times are 14k and 24k. These are the most expensive as I've been told they strip the engine and replace the most important inards.

You can definately feel the difference a passenger makes, when my brother is on the back he slides back and forwards so when you come to brake hard you and the family jewels tend to be squashed against the fuel tank :mellow:.

Absolutely great machine though.

Regards

Robbie

The R6 is a great tool. I use it everyday to work. Give it a blastup the lanes and on the dualcarriageways, and motorways . It does everything great and 2 up its still a great ride.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online