hi i have just bought a 2004 fz6

c.wilson
This post is 4255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i recently traded my '82 suzuki gs450t and $2000 for a 2004 yamaha fz6. i was wondering if there were any things i should be warned about with these bikes. what are the weak points in design that normally tend to break or need to be beefedup. if anyone knows id appreciate the information.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

when i owned one of those, a 2005 model, i had to have the headstock bearings replaced around 18000 miles, then i had to have them regreased and tightened at 25000 miles when i eventually part exed it for my xj6 the bearings felt like they were loosening again, apart from being an excellent bike and fun to ride the head bearings were annoying, thats about it, oh and on a long journey, the seat gets uncomfortable, but overall, theyre a very reliable motorbike.

good im glad the guy i got it off of bought it as a project and wanted another project. he put alot of cash in her and it deffinately payedoff. so far im very very happy with the trade. ive already found a service manual for it and it needs a drive chain adjustment and some coolant in the reserve tank and then its in peak condition. i feel lucky to go from the gs to this. dont get me wrong i loved that bike but you can only throw so much money at a 450 before your wasting it.

Welcome to the club C. Wilson - from accross the pond in blighty. I've only just joined as I've got Q's about a 31 year old ty175 I've just bought - I believe they were a popular little competition machine in the States in the 70's and early 80's. Its amazing how helpful the other members have been.

Good luck with the FZ6 (Fazer), they were always considered the class leading machine in the UK.

Jim.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online