how fast is your bike

up.yours
This post is 4263 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw Grouch that is just a starting point. ..... Life begins at 140 mph+

Wr250f ported camed

No Idea 0-60 but dam fast enough u can't keep the front wheel down till 1/2 way WFO in top gear ,, even then don't hit a bump

Zukini 1200 bandit ( did I just swear here ?)

No 0-60 slips to check @ 3.0 sec in 1St gear

1/4mile10.2 sec stock gearing.... Best yet .. I know I can do better

what bike,

Honda melody delux

how fast,

Curently touching 238mph but with some better exhaust work possibly some aero work i think there may be more

where,

can't say people watching everywhere, remember to line the inside of your lid with tin foil...really ......you need too

0-60.

don't really know the needle stops at 40.

well ?

yamaha passola

off the clock

down red bridge

0-? 11secs

gives me a right buzz , deep down.

what bike, - TS250

how fast, - As fast as the van that collected it

where, - Up the M1

0-60. - It does 0 very well, never seen 60 since 1998

what bike - 1972 Yamaha G7S

how fast - 60mph

where - downhill with the wind behind me

0-60 - depends on the hill

:) on a related note, managed to maintain 50-55 (even with the wind) on the way to Idaho Falls today... course I had to hug the tank to get it up to that speed. :lol:

here it is, yamaha rd350lc 1982

top speed 120mph on the clock, :hyper: actual ? probley about 114mph-ish

where,? M6 :crazy:

0-60 5secs :spin2:

where ? three sisters race track.

Nice.... Up yours....... most don't count in speedo error and think thier bike is that fast as the clock says. When in reailty it way slower

R6;

0 - 60 about 3.5 seconds?

Fastest iv been 155 on a track

hi, dt502001, i think on average they read about 3mph over ,

but my bikes getting on a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

1999 XVS650 Custom

107mph

On the road

6-7 seconds

Cobblers. Spedometers are way out typically by 8-10%. Legally they cannot under read. Not to mention being fast clears any warranties faster.

I have had my tdr at 10000rpm in top once. 107 on the sat nav. 140 on the clock. Its 10mph out at 70.

Tested mine this morning at various speeds compared to ShatNav - roughly 86% accurate, depending on speed.

But no-one said anything about how fast you bike goes when you factor in general speedometer inaccuracy, inclines, false readings, weather, humidity, tyre choice, or any of the other thousand different variables that exist either on a single bike or between different bikes that might make enough of a very minor difference for people to get pedantic and argue about, we were just asked how fast our bikes go and since most of us rely on just the one piece of instrumentation, I suppose 'technically' the question should be how fast does your speedometer *say* you can go, but I really cannot be arsed with such bollocks.

Now answer the bloody question, Bollinger Knickers!

Dunno how fast mine is, xjr1200, but on bringing it up from Englandshire when I bought it a year and a bit ago, I could have lost my licence at least 3 times. Having been used to auld Brit twins I would wind up for some overtaking on the motorway and halfway through the move I had a look at my speed. Well into 3 figures.... This happened a number of times over the following couple of weeks until I got used to the acceleration

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online