YAMAHA XT125X TOP SPEED

lukewhiting
This post is 4243 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

just got my xt125x today and took it for a ride. Everyone was saying i should be getting at least 70 with it but on the longest bit of road there is i only got 51mph!!! :shakeno: i weigh 13.5 stone so i dunno if weight makes much of a difference? but does anybody have any ideas of how to get a higher top speed either cheaply or just by fiddling about!?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv had 68 mph out of mine so far and i got mine a few days ago i wasnt pushing it either

Id say about 60 as standard?

what reg is your bike mines an 08 and as i said iv had 68mph so far and the previous owner reconed he had 74mph still without pushing the bike so my advice would be to take it to a garage

What gearing are you both on? Any mods?

All you can do is get a slip on exhaust which even then will give you a few extra HP. With it being a 4T engine, you can't do out to them. My XT does about 60-65.

i was the same wasnt sure at first but then i decided supermoto as you get to use them on and offroad as they say the best of both worlds

yeah probably the best thing to do . just wandering are you anywhere near the midlands

dunno if weight makes much of a difference?

Run 400 meters and see how fast you did it, then repeat it carrying a 25k sand bag.

Weight is bad, removing it is THE best performance mod you can make, unfortunately you see big fat knackers ooozing from their romper suits yawning on about saving an ounce with a new set of fairing bolts for a million quid from a bike that has been put on a serious diet by the makers..

Japaneese bikes are designed to work with a 75kg around 10st (typical jap) rider, they just bang on stiffer springs for us lardy europeans. Your 35% heavier than the gearing was created for so your going to lose performance. Or your bike needs to make 16-17hp to compensate.

Do you wear a billowing jacket and/or trousers?

a loose fitting jacket that catches the air, can slow any bike down (or mean more throttle), particularly one with less than 15bhp - likewise a topbox can do the same.

I find wearing my leather jacket always means less throttle (a surprising amount less) for high-speed cruising than my textile jacket.

im down in sunny dorset! haha bit hard to loose weight cause im a rugby player so most of its muscle not fat. & i just wear a jacket, its not very baggy & it fits quite well. BUUUUUT! its all ok now!!! i went out riding with a yamaha xt660x and he asked my topspeed & i said about 55. on a straight he said to go full pelt & his speedo was reading about 68 and mine was saying 55! took it to the poole yamaha dealer & apparently the bike can 2 different wheel sizes (mine being the smaller set) so when i was doing 30mph i was actually doing 40....good luck i hadnt been through any speed cameras yet! :hyper: so when i got home i disconnected the battery, left it for 30minutes, connected it all back up & held in the blue computer button on the bars when the letters on the screen said ntrd....or sommit instead of endr. Then took it for a test drive and hit 68 on a slight downhill with a strong head wind! which i wouldnt say is too bad for a completly stock bike & one with only 10hp!

cheers for the help though guys

Another thing.... went and got a new plug for the bike (exactly the same as whats in there, CR6HSA) but when i looked up the GAP on the ngk website the recommended plug for the bike is a ngk cr7hsa....will this matter much?

I think the only difference between the 2 plugs is the actual length of the whole plug, dont quote me on this though. So both should be fine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online