Yamaha XJ6 Streetfigher Project

Mhudson30
This post is 2625 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

This post is of my Yamaha XJ6-N which im hoping i can turn streetfighter. I purchased the bike new and I have only been part of the bikers community for 2 weeks as ive just recently passed my test. Anyone in the Surrey/London area will know the likes of Newlands Corner, Box Hill and obviously Ace Cafe. Ive been to these places quite frequently the last few weeks and i havent seen many XJ6's about and the ones that i have have been left factory standard. Ive allways been one too tweek about with a lot of my cars in the past and now im on the bike nothing has changed. The aim really is to get the bike noticed a lot more at the meets and to try and bring out my creative side. :)

To start of with this was my XJ6 in the showroom 2 days before purchased. I loved the styling of the bike and i also knew how the bike rode as i done my training and test on one. Red wasnt my first choice of colour but the more i looked at it the more it grew on me and now i am happy with my choice.

00f7277a.jpg

I was gutted about the number plate. I mean come on...For a standard DVLA number plate it couldnt get any closer to XJN if it tried !!

2561b924.jpg

Before I took the bike out the showroom the guys at Yamaha Woking kindly fitted for free R&G Drop Guards/mushrooms or whatever you call them lol, but first thing first was definatly a tank pad.

I looked around on websites but the best suited one in my opinion was a simple universal carbon one from Halfords which definatly done the job.

89a71f43.jpg

Next was that safety sticker on the top of the tank. It had to be removed. I know i have to wear a helmet and I know not to ride drunk or high. I wouldnt of passed my test if i didnt know that !

From this...84f0528d.jpg

To a nice clean look....

03bc1e73.jpg

First trip was to Ace Cafe, Shame we picked a Saturday night rather than Friday but not to worry..

78d3202a.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I Had to Ace Cafe christen it so i got my stickers, as you do.

a40c8ea3.jpg

Old Dust Caps...

a6f7a969.jpg

To new red grenade dust caps which i thought looked quite hard lol...

5b39d028.jpg

Also being a big EbAY customer i saw this sticker and it had to be done...

39ef80e9.jpg

Tail Tidy and indicators arrived yesterday so got that fitted too...

1c63cdd7.jpg

ece84ca3.jpg

083c347c.jpg

Feel free to comment and mabye leave ideas ect , I will put more posts up as soon as parts I have ordered arrive and fitted ect. Cheers guys ! :spin2:

Recieved a few bits which were on order today, kept me busy through lunch.

New numberplate...

dc9f3a94.jpg

Old plate..

8c9879a1.jpg

New plate...

ee1aa8be.jpg

8569e809.jpg

Next was the red tax disk, small touches can make a lot of difference...

064cc748.jpg

Carbon Fibre Petol Cap Cover..

44bd3a47.jpg

Stainless Steel XJ6 Brake fluid cover..

ffa38406.jpg

Im liking this, BUT.......................those wing mirrors are shit. (to put it blunt) if your going for the street fighter look then id say you need new bars and mirrors plus a few more drastic changes. Im not fully clued up on street fighters as they aren't my thing but take a look at this one

http://www.dailymotorcycletips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Motorcycle-a-Streetfighter.jpg

guessing you got that numberplate made as a "showplate" if you get pulled with the you'll get nicked cos A) doesnt have the code thing for the garage, and B) your not allowed to have the personalised bit anymore?

correct me if im wrong . .

I have a black XJ6N which I am tarting up with red and black accessories, exspensive stuff and it will take time.

I agree with Noise, the mirrors are what he said.

Have a look at the Rizoma gear, I'll be putting the 'Circuit 744' mirrors (Black) on mine, (when i can splash out £200).

Already have the Rizoma engine guards (Black), going to get above mirrors (Black), 'Lux handgrips', 'Pro pegs', and 'Avio 21 winkies' all Red.

Also seen a Red chain......where do you stop?

Good luck with it whatever you do.

they look good in red and i think although the exhaust is a bit on the quiet side, it definately looks the part.

• 4 years later...
  • drewpy locked this topic
This post is 2625 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.