XVS 1100

Noise
This post is 4274 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and Sacha,

Well the missus said (with gritted teeth) that i could get a new bike!!!! :D i know i have been thinking about it before with the KTM super duke and that but now i am going to get a new bike which im looking at a XVS 1100.

Im just wanting to know what you guys think of them and your own personal opinions are of them? also do you think £3500 is a bit much for an 2001 model? Click link

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201229479003247/sort/default/usedbikes/cc-from/600cc/model/xvs/make/yamaha/radius/100/page/1/postcode/ba215nq/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Obviously all the crappy tack will be removed etc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1100s have 20HP more than a 650 Custom and riding makes the latter seem gutless by comparrison.

Hyperchargers will be noticable, but don't make that much difference.

You WILL want the kit to relocate the oil filter, unless you don't mind removing the pipes every time.

Starter clutches are prone to failure.

Standard colour, very good mileage. Usually available cheaper, as the current fashion is to Trike them these days. That means most people will rip them apart and not want half the stuff it comes with.

Check the condition, have a test ride and maybe offer three grand. Otherwise, looks a good price.

Obviously all the crappy tack will be removed etc

+1

I don't have any experience with them, but will give you my opinion nonetheless. :lol: as long as you do like you did with Betty you will have a fabulous bike. :)

Go for the XVS1300... Fantastic bike (albeit a bit more expensive) 72bhp - you know it makes sense

Cheers Tasky, Great bit of advise! i doubt i will go for a hypercharger just another thing to get in the way of your leg IMO.

And yes Sacha i most likely will be gutting this bike just like Betty and i have seen this 1100 for inspiration

http://freethewheels...no-samurai.html

Absolute brilliant!

Clarkegray, I was thinking of the 1300 and i love the belt drive and also the bigger engine.................i just hate the way the speedo looks plus as you said its a bit of a pricey bike with the things i have in mind to do to it.

Fair enough maybe they'll be cheaper in a few years? I've always preferred the Speedo on the XVS 950 than that on the 1300. Good luck with the buy, looking forward to see what you do to it :)

That bike is stunning! Absolutely love the wing nuts! Too cool. :hail:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys just sold my XVS Dragstar Classic 1100cc A spec today it was second hand when I bought it in 2007 on a 2005 plate just sold it to a dealer full loaded for £3,400 had just over 5350 miles on the clock only had 800 when I brought it. I paid same dealer £5200 in 2007. But I have put loads of extras on it. Great bike got over 125 mph out of it. No mods done never let me down. Sorry to see it go. You can get at least 6000 miles out of your Dunlop tyres.make sure you keep them slighty over inflated But just brought a 2nd hand XVS 1300cc Midnight Star :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online