right heres the dilema... sr125 92'

jayspencer
This post is 4251 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

after 30 hours in my workshop ive got to this stage

-recieved bike

-replaced all missing bolts/parts taken off and not put back on

-bought new battery and installed

-discovered knacked solenoid

-repaired the starter motor

-discovered weak spark

heres the bag, when i short the solenoid the engine tries to turn over and a few times has nearly fired,

i need to check and clean the connections to the ht coil , buy a new gasket set and solanoid.

But theres an occasional drip from the carb so it maybe a case of the fuel mix not correct and weak spark?

am i running along the right lines?

jay

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Probability the carb floats for the leak. or the jet not seating properly.

Dry out the cylinder. Leave the plug out for a while. A drop of engine oil in the plug hole (teaspoon full). turn the engine over a couple of times. Ready for the plug to go back in. Half a teaspoon of petrol in the plug hole. Plug in, cap on and turn it over.

Alright mate

I have done a bit of work on my boys 92 sr125. He had a bit of bother with a weak spark. I worked my way through and put a new plug, plug cap and lead on the bike. It ran a bit better but still not sweet. I had to replace the CDI Unit and the bike ran sweet as a nut for about six months, then the same thing. Unfortunately I had to replace the cdi again but, touch wood, the bike has run well since then.

I got the cdis off ebay, so the problem I had was replacing a 20 year old part with another of the same age. Your bike will have the cdi unit with a white, and blue square block connectors. The connections changed to round blocks. I tried to find out if I could use that unit and just change the connections but never got a definitive answer.

If you know anyone local with a similar bike it only takes 2 minutes to change over, and give yours a try. Best o' luck mate.

Thats the unit with the round connectors. Lift your seat off and you will see the connectors you will need. Try and get one to check yours with, to ensure yours it at fault before you splash out £40

thanks matey :)

and for my weak spark?

Clean all the terminals including the coil and change the plug before spending any cash.

• 4 weeks later...

just done that, sorry ive been a while , now the neutral light is staying on... seems to lead back to my cdi .. also the flasher relay has gone..

got the bugger bump started, runs lumpy and wont idle you need to keep the revs up

Thats the unit with the round connectors. Lift your seat off and you will see the connectors you will need. Try and get one to check yours with, to ensure yours it at fault before you splash out £40

out of interest matey did your lads have the square connectors? and did you find one with spair connectors?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online