NEED HELP How do you raise Yamaha DT FRONT FORKS

This post is 4236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys new to this page, yer ive just got a DT 125 it a DTR 1997 frame and DTX front forks and rear swing arm, BUT im 6 foot 6 and the forks on it are LOW looking at other bike they look like they have half the travel so my question is is there a way to RAISE the amount off travel and making the front end higher here is a link to the BIKE : http://ddgraphics.co...4YTY5N2NjYmI1ZQ

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Lots of people own thoes bikes here and could give you a book full of info but ,,,,it is only polite to post a bit about youself in the new members section then you will get more responce.

That said any good suspension shop can set up the bike for your weight and travel wont be any longer but custom fit for your weight, you might want to talk to the guy's who are dirt riding around your area they will be able to hook you up with a good suspension shop.

• 2 months later...

My humble experience: Change the springs for a short ones an add a (how can I say it, I speek in crude english) add a two inches bump inside like some Motocross guys do to rise the forks. When I bought my XT the mechanic did the reversal operation. Other trick is to add also an "elevator" (sorry again) between the forks and the handlebar.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online