1976 DT175C

Sacha
This post is 3458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Was going to bug you about this,so now just need the motor back and done?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Was going to bug you about this,so now just need the motor back and done?

Thanks all! I think it's getting close... once the motor's on I can install the carburetor, intake, and exhaust. Still need to hook the battery and magneto into the harness and test the wiring. I figure I'll do that before I put the headlight back in (just in case). Mike's going to paint and install new decals on the tanks... hmm what am i forgetting? oh and I've still got to get the seat made. :yeah:

O almost forgot you can come clean my shop any day I never seen such a clean tidy bench in years around here. I don't even bother puttin away some tools as they never stay put away for long 8mm10mm 12mm14mm 17mm impact gun ect they just live on the bench LOL

Might want to get the shop to time the mag for you,esp if you don't have a dial indicator that fits in the sparky hole. 4 weeks till spring fingers crosed will be ridin by then again.

O ya rember to tape rags all ove the frame when puttin in the new motor wouldn't want to scratch the new paint

Looking really good sach! the bikes coming along nicely too, :D

you going to try and get it ready for your summer time over there?

Great work! I sure hope you can get her running before the first riding days of spring or that will be torture! The only downside to having what is basically a new 1976 bike will be that any errands you run around town will take longer because of all the people who are going to stop you to ask about it and tell you what an awesome ride you have.

O almost forgot you can come clean my shop any day I never seen such a clean tidy bench in years around here. I don't even bother puttin away some tools as they never stay put away for long 8mm10mm 12mm14mm 17mm impact gun ect they just live on the bench LOL

Might want to get the shop to time the mag for you,esp if you don't have a dial indicator that fits in the sparky hole. 4 weeks till spring fingers crosed will be ridin by then again.

O ya rember to tape rags all ove the frame when puttin in the new motor wouldn't want to scratch the new paint

LOL. The bench is pretty much brand new. Just assembled it last weekend. :) But I've always had a habit of cleaning my tools and putting them away. I'm a bit OCD. :shrug:

Looking really good sach! the bikes coming along nicely too, :D

you going to try and get it ready for your summer time over there?

Thanks! I've been working out. :biglaugha: Should have her done by spring!

Great work! I sure hope you can get her running before the first riding days of spring or that will be torture! The only downside to having what is basically a new 1976 bike will be that any errands you run around town will take longer because of all the people who are going to stop you to ask about it and tell you what an awesome ride you have.

Torture indeed... especially if my little bike were to break. :shakeno: Always fun to meet new people too. I'll be happy to show off my baby... guess I'll have to give myself plenty of time so I'm not in a hurry when I run errands. :biggrinbounce:

think i found a sheared woodruff key today...

?

woodruff_key.jpg

You bet you did! :eusa_doh: Old motor ?

Yep. This is my original DT motor.

Crank is :eusa_doh: in need of repair now o well good you have the other motor from Dave.

How's it going?

It's going.... still slowly. I am waiting on the shop that has CorradosandYahas' motor. I've done most everything I can until I get the motor back so I thought I'd start taking a look at the original motor. It's going to be a full tear down and rebuild since it's been sitting for so long with the cylinder head off so I'm sure it's full of all kinds of debris. The clutch was seized when I got the bike so that needs sorting too.

Course I didn't get anything done today... got to see the "biggest" name in comedy, Costaki Economopoulos, last night and the three bloody marys I drank gave me all the reason I needed to sleep in today... can't drink much these days. Will go by the shop tomorrow to see how things are coming along there.

costaki2013.jpg|
(left to right: Costaki, myself, and my husband)

Great piccy sash " [ Y.o.c, T shirt too] hey your old man looks like kev" [ up yours,,,] :yeah:

...hey your old man looks like kev" [ up yours,,,] :yeah:

What? In need of a shave? hee,hee just kidding :biglaugha:

Flying the flag for the Y.O.C, very nice indeed :).

any chance you could get yourself over here to lend a hand with the XJ turbo?... with your superior organisational skills and my... er... tea kettle, im sure we could get it sorted, as for the bloody marys im more of a Mojito person tbh

What is taking so long,are they chewing leather to make the seals.Kinda rediculis months to do that little bit of work,you could have shiped it here via a donky cart and I could have done it and sent it back with a snail pulling the cart faster. Including the snail being stoped at the boader to be checked for possibly being a terriost or ilegal immagrant and the DND seizing the motor for possibly being a bomb. :crazy:

Whats needed for the seat,foam and cover or more pan repairs?

What is taking so long,are they chewing leather to make the seals.Kinda rediculis months to do that little bit of work,you could have shiped it here via a donky cart and I could have done it and sent it back with a snail pulling the cart faster. Including the snail being stoped at the boader to be checked for possibly being a terriost or ilegal immagrant and the DND seizing the motor for possibly being a bomb. :crazy:

Whats needed for the seat,foam and cover or more pan repairs?

You're preaching to the choir man. :shrug:

Seat pan is ready just have to fit and shave the foam and reupholster.

Flying the flag for the Y.O.C, very nice indeed :).

any chance you could get yourself over here to lend a hand with the XJ turbo?... with your superior organisational skills and my... er... tea kettle, im sure we could get it sorted, as for the bloody marys im more of a Mojito person tbh

Never had a mojito... so I'll be right over to help with the XJ as soon as you bring over mojitos and help me with the DT. :biglaugha:

The mental images...

Hmmm...

Well did they atleast give you a Idea as to when they might be graious enough to possibly finnish it?

Well did they atleast give you a Idea as to when they might be graious enough to possibly finnish it?

Well, it seems to be a perpetual "next week". Last week it was this week, the week before that it was the next week... going to go by there at lunch today and see where they are.