1976 DT175C

Sacha
This post is 3432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Made some progress this weekend...

progress092312.jpg

getting closer... :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to sort out the wheels and brakes this weekend along with stringing the wiring and adding some more shiny bits... then I can get going on the engine. :yeah:

Looks good so far. You should try a timelapse!

I don't have near the patience of the one guy who did the 3000 photos and a lot of coffee one... I'd add one thing, take a pic, add another, take a pic. He seriously took pics of the entire processes of removing, cleaning, and adding the pieces. He probably had more pics of just screwing in one piece than I have in total. :P

Looks great sash" , brings back memories of doing mine, [ took 2years] nice and shiney, keep them pics coming,, :jossun:

Looks great sash" , brings back memories of doing mine, [ took 2years] nice and shiney, keep them pics coming,, :jossun:

Thanks Blackhat! My husband says, well, if it doesn't run, at least it'll be shiny. :eusa_think:

He of little faith.

Ok so you won the free bike for parts any idea if the seat pan is any good?

Ok so you won the free bike for parts any idea if the seat pan is any good?

Well the seat is actually intact so I'd imagine it's in better shape than mine was. :)

Looking good Sacha! will be a corker of i little bike when its done!

Now show us your hands so we know its you doing the work n not just the man of the house lol

Looking good Sacha! will be a corker of i little bike when its done!

Now show us your hands so we know its you doing the work n not just the man of the house lol

LMAO. If you knew my husband's lack of patience with these things you'd know. :) He wants nothing to do with it... and doesn't understand how I can enjoy doing it.

Oh it will definitely run. The engine on the parts bike would start first kick w/choke every time in the morning. I drove it for coffee every morning til the mag quit. Between the two I have no doubt you will have a runner before winter comes.

Oh it will definitely run. The engine on the parts bike would start first kick w/choke every time in the morning. I drove it for coffee every morning til the mag quit. Between the two I have no doubt you will have a runner before winter comes.

Definitely going in the right direction here Sacha...... frame looks great! :thumb:

Thanks guys! Had to have hubby tear the middle console out of my car to clean up a damn spill so didn't get much done besides cleaning that up. Did finally pick up a motorcycle jack though. :)

And thank you again CorradosandYahas! It was great to meet you. :)

Yes fnkn sweet motor that will run .......Corradosand you rock .......just afew parts swap and Sahas bike will be alive again. It will give her time to totaly rebuild a new motor and have a spare. and find a mag to have 2 motors. I couldn't be more happy for you sacha.

Get r dunn!! No pressure but we want to see it done !

Serious Take your time and do it right it's going to look fab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...