Bluetooth

Mallory1
This post is 4294 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Lads & Ladesses,

Just after some advice on bluetooth sets from anyone on the site familiar with them. I commute daily by bike and would aften make & receive calls on the bike through the course of the day too. I've had a Viper helmet which has bluetooth embedded but it wasn't the most reliable. Does anyone have any experience of good quality headsets ? That way I could talk the missus ALL the time ...... yeh! :eusa_liar:

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Morning Mall :)

I can't lend anything useful to headsets I'm afraid but I use a Viper RS-V131 helmet and I can honestly say I've never had any trouble whatsoever. The stand by time and talk times are brilliant and whoever I'm talking to says it's crystal clear. I got a cracking deal on it earlier on this year as it was on sale from £149 to £110 with free delivery.

Hope this helps :)

Morning yourself Weimieman,

Thanks for the feedback. This was the very helmet I had last year! A mate & I both bought one last year and they both started playing up at the same time - we could hear callers but they couldn't hear us. I think this was down to a slightly loose connection where the battery was housed which I sorted. Trouble is now that the bugger won't charge properly. I do agree that reception was clear but I did find that at top motorway speeds it was difficult to hear the caller. I'm just wondering if spashing out a little more is worth it or are they all such systems much the same. Perhaps I just got a bad helmet - I hope yours contimues trouble free :luck:

Hi Mallory, I have a VIPER RS V121 BLUETOOTH 2 FLIP HELMET great helmet bit cheap and cheerful but it works fine and sound is adequate when on the move mic is quite close to the right side of your mouth so it's easy to be heard when the front is down with the flip front open you have to slow down of course but it still works ok, I believe these have been updated in the last couple if years so might be much better or not. It's always worth a look. :jossun:

My TomTom came with a Cardo Scala-Rider headset that Bluetooths into the phone.

I've got the Cardo Scala G4 which is good. Had for over 3 years and no problems. Can receive calls easy enough but now I've upgraded my phone to one of these 'smart' phones I have issues making calls on the move (it'll do last number redial) but my previous basic phone had voice tagging as one of the contact options and worked much better.

I use it mainly for listening to music (quietly) off my phone on my way to work.

I've got the Cardo Scala G4 which is good. Had for over 3 years and no problems. Can receive calls easy enough but now I've upgraded my phone to one of these 'smart' phones I have issues making calls on the move (it'll do last number redial) but my previous basic phone had voice tagging as one of the contact options and worked much better.

I use it mainly for listening to music (quietly) off my phone on my way to work.

Cheers for the feedback - thinking of going with the n-com system so will the forum know how it goes!

I can still use 'smart'phones via the SatNav - Lots more commands available to me through that.

But since I think 'smart'phones are oxymoronic piles of fucking shite that don't actually do anything I find useful, well...

Get a QTEK 9100 or something that runs Windows Mobile and discover a world of compatability (inlcuding bluetooth), free downloads and long life batteries!! :D

I can still use 'smart'phones via the SatNav - Lots more commands available to me through that.

But since I think 'smart'phones are oxymoronic piles of fucking shite that don't actually do anything I find useful, well...

Get a QTEK 9100 or something that runs Windows Mobile and discover a world of compatability (inlcuding bluetooth), free downloads and long life batteries!! :D

I've heard that some smartphones even have the odd signal that allow you to make a call - but I don't believe it myself

When I was getting my new phone (old one died) the fella in the shop asked me what I wanted to use my phone for, I said make calls, have bluetooth, play music, and take pictures (all for motorbike use which my old phone did). He started going on about facebook etc & when I said I didn't bother with anything like that he looked as though I was retarded...

I vaguely remember the days when phones were for calling people

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online