time to own up!

liquidcooled
This post is 6924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

for the past few weeks i've been riding around on a late model honda vfr750. this one-

normal_newbike01.jpg

i got shot of the klr and bought this. pretty pleased with it too. MUCH better than the zzr! handles great, stops great, loadsa torque, build quality is amazing, surprisingly good on fuel etc so i'm chuffed with it. also came with scott oiler and heated grips which is handy. the klr was causing problems(within itself!) and tbh the build quality was terrible on it, the winter was not very kind indeed. it's nice to be back on a road bike, the ds was fun and i will have another one, but for the moment, this is my bike! B) no doubt in a couple of months i'll get another one :lol: variety is the spice of life so they say...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know you're very influenced by me Alan....but a Gay VFR? :o You sick freak! :lol:

But keep changing the bikes....it's the only way to go!

You'll end up on a Strom eventually though. B)

i'll have you know it's not gay :lol: it snaps knicker elastic at 50 paces B) it has one of the finest engines ever built you know B) and the old man's proud to see me on a honda.... now that is fucking sick :lol: i went to a bike safe thing at the police station the other day btw, very interesting! the guys said if i'm anything to go with then they have every confidence in the biking youth of today. i told them i'm one of a kind and the rest are wankers B):lol:

They probably guessed that The Cool Guy was your mentor Alan. B)

And BTW....since the MB/DSUK merger there's a lot more road only bikes there (like my Strom :lol: ) so you are allowed to post there.

Or are you ashamed to show your Gay Assed Honda to the guys? :lol:

pmsl :D aye i'll get over there and take a look around, might even post something too :lol:

bloody gay ass honda, never heard the likes of it in my life :rolleyes::lol:

• Admin

Whats this world coming too!!!! Especially with me selling my bike, Martin is supposed to be picking it up tomorrow :(

So let's get this right!

We have...

An Admin with no bike.

An Admin with a Suzuki.

A Mod with a Honda as a mainbike and an old Yam.

A Mod thinking of selling his Yam to get a Kawasaki.

And just one Mod with a fulltime Yam.

I think it's time for a general forum you know! B)

yeah i'd fucking say so pete! :lol: we should all be ashamed of ourselves(apart from scott) let us hang our heads in shame and go general :P:lol:

What a bunch of Spineless Traitors!!! :blink::D

Is Nobody True to the Cause anymore? :rolleyes:

What the Hell is the world coming to?? :huh:

BTW......Nice VFR there Alan ;)

thanks scott. believe me, if yamaha made a suitable bike for my needs and budget i'd go for it. but unfortunately they dont. i didnt want another inline 4 ya see, it had to be v twin, triple or v four. honda was a good price, the build quality is superb, the engine is a work of art :D the list goes on. i still like yamaha's, they just dont have a wide range of bikes anymore in my opinion :( and they're over priced too! :lol: some mod of a yam forum i am :rolleyes:

if yamaha made a suitable bike for my needs and budget i'd go for it.

i still like yamaha's, they just dont have a wide range of bikes anymore in my opinion :(  and they're over priced too! :lol: 

Exactly how I feel Alan!

If Yamaha can bring out a Strom-beater at a competitive price then I'd go for it.

However the chances of them eclipsing the Strom like the Fazer did to the Bandit is virtually zero.

Scott's ridden the Strom and I think he'll agree that it would be a very tall order for Yamaha to try and outclass it.

Scott's ridden the Strom and I think he'll agree that it would be a very tall order for Yamaha to try and outclass it.

They could probably do it......but it sure doesn't look like it'll show up anywhere in the near future :(

V4 Honda's are pretty durable......but they can be a bit labor intensive when it comes to carb & valve maintenance.......Outside of that, they're a great everyday ride Alan ;)

Speaking from a Hypocritical point Alan.......I've spent the last few days working on my Niece's XR100 :blink: .......great little bike, but as soon as it's outta my garage, I gotta sort out an Ignition issue with my XT that suddenly developed last Friday! :angry: .......& it just figures......me with NO bike to ride right now, & the weather has taken a turn for the better today.......gonna hit 70F :rolleyes:

yeah scott i hear they can be tricky to work on carbs etc. shouldnt be a problem, i dont mind taking my time when working on the bike. it's got a full set of new down pipes which is a great bonus as they can be expensive.

i've just spent the last few hours cleaning and polishing every inch of the bike! must be a good sign as i usually hate doing that! the only other bike i'm like that with is my rd B)

They could probably do it......but it sure doesn't look like it'll show up anywhere in the near future :(

I don't think they could Scott....they don't even have a donor engine they could use, cos all the small cruiser motors are just too old tech and lardy.

It would mean a brand new motor with all the associated R&D costs...so it would be very pricey indeed.

So let's get this right!

We have...

An Admin with no bike.

An Admin with a Suzuki.

A Mod with a Honda as a mainbike and an old Yam.

A Mod thinking of selling his Yam to get a Kawasaki.

And just one Mod with a fulltime Yam.

I think it's time for a general forum you know!  B)

omfg good job i woke up, no kwaks for me, i'll fly the flag for a while yet :P ride through the pain barrier and that ;)

omfg good job i woke up, no kwaks for me, i'll fly the flag for a while yet  :P  ride through the pain barrier and that  ;)

Good Man Bazz!......glad to see you came to your senses ;)

Tuning Forks RULE! B)

Pete.....your probably right about the high price tag on a potential bike in the Strom's class :unsure:

I guess we can always dream though ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online