YBR 125 2007. Cutting out the nrestarts later.

Parkibobs
This post is 4302 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hope someone can help here. I have a YBR 125, which has run very well up to now. It has just done 4000 mls. On a recent trip after about 20 mls I stopped the bike and returned after about 15 mins. The bike started as normal, but then cut out after about 100 yds. It would not start after that. I left the bike to return with a trailer, and it was left for about 2 hrs. When I returned the bike started and I rode it home (about 20 mls) without a hitch. Whats going on here. Also some time ago the Tachometre packed in and the bike shop couldn't find the problem. Is there a connection here, or are these separate faults. If so has anyone an explanation for either or both of these I'd be grateful. Thought I'd try this before I sell on for a Honda!!

Thanks in anticipation.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thought I'd try this before I sell on for a Honda!!

What a sign off for a first post on a Yam forum, way to make connections.

As noted above NO INTRO NO INFO besides you want a honda so go buy one then join a honda forum when it breaks down

Ok I get the message. No more responses please on the H***a reference, seems I've touched one or two nerves somewhere. I now know how the forum works, so let's start again.

Would still be grateful for any advice from anyone who's had a similar problem to my YBR cutting out. Here's hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Parki

When the bike cuts out have you checked it still has a spark. If you can carry a plug key or a spare plug around then if it cuts out, test for a spark. That will help find if its electrical or fuel issue. It may be as simple as the filler cap vent being blocked, so check that out as well. It will be an easy fix, just may take a wee bit of time finding out the exact cause.

You may find you get more replies if you open up the question in the workshop/tech secton of the forum, I know it says forum help, but this thread is for issues with the forum, posting pics, links etc.

Best of luck with it mate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online