The damn rain

Grouch
This post is 4306 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The amount of times since getting my bike in March it has lashed it down is unbelievable. My whole street has more or less flooded now. Looks like it's going to be a while before I can go for a ride. I've ventured out in the rain before with waterproofs etc, but its not very nice and its dangerous, especially when the rain is this hard. Looks like its due to piss it down for the next week at least.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Come and ride in IRL,,,, then youll know what rain is.

Tyres on a bike last a longish time as they never hit the road,,,,, your always aquaplaining along the top of the water.

When putting on the throttle,,,, you have 2 choice's

1) throttle really hard so tyre cuts through the water and grips the road.

2) throttle really easy so tyre doesnt slip and you fall over.

Choice no1 is only for the very brave but it actually works great.

Very offputting, and then there's the added danger of the idiots on the road. My tyre slid over a wet grate the other day and it proper woke me up. Luckily I got it under control but it could have been worse.I'm not riding in heavy rain ever again.

Never been a fan of rain riding,been caught in a lot over thee years.Years ago when I had a 86 fzr600 I had metzler me33 on the front and a Prieli demon on the back and I could pull wheelies in the rain.In the dry though that prielli earnd it's name some times it felt like the road was wet never ever bought another prielli again.

If I had to put up with all the rain you guys get I would fit intermidiate rain tires might burn up a few more a year but if you ever ridin on full rain or inter. tires it will blow your mind how well they stick. Cheers it's 31c and dry as a bone here sorry to rub it in but I can LOL

its really annoying when you have to go out in the rain to go to work, especially when youve spent the best part of saturday washing and polishing the bike, and yes, i cant stand the tossers who have to drive right up your arse at roundabouts and bends in the wet and then when you accellerate on the straight bits and then slow down again for another bend and theyre right up behind you again, its as if they think your doing it on purpose. :madflame: totally pissed right off with this constant rain were having now :shakeno:

its really annoying when you have to go out in the rain to go to work, especially when youve spent the best part of saturday washing and polishing the bike, and yes, i cant stand the tossers who have to drive right up your arse at roundabouts and bends in the wet and then when you accellerate on the straight bits and then slow down again for another bend and theyre right up behind you again, its as if they think your doing it on purpose. :madflame: totally pissed right off with this constant rain were having now :shakeno:

So so true. I commute to work by bike so ride in pretty much all weathers. Riding in heavy rain really is the pits but do-able. It's the bloody idiots who practically sit on your exhaust that do my head in ..... they seem to come out in droves when it rains ????? I've also realised that anything short of a Royal Navey deep sea diving suit has its limits in rain if your riding long enough :no:

I also used to ride to work in the rain and will be doing soagain soon i think lol. Although i have to say its not to good when the rains on but on the other hand i think it sharpens your riding skill a bit.

As my hardcore mate says (its a bit of rain ya big lassie you'll no melt).

The bike gets cleaned while you ride. Can't see what the fuss is all about.

Much worse after a few dry days and then a light shower. It lifts all the oil of the road surface and gets very slippy.

At least it isn't cold. In a few months I will be moaning about how cold my fingers are getting riding in January.

Riding in rain teaches you care, control and restraint, as well as enforcing observation and gets you used to dealing with insane twats.

Come dry, Summer weather you'll be a far better rider than the average biker out there!

Riding in rain teaches you care, control and restraint, as well as enforcing observation and gets you used to dealing with insane twats.

Come dry, Summer weather you'll be a far better rider than the average biker out there!

Jeepers Tasky,,,,, i must be a great rider all-togeather,,,,,, or else i might just be very very lucky.

Only messin !!!

Yesterday i had a 150mile ride,,,,, rain, wind, patches of heavy fog and the last 1/2 hour it was dark. Glare on visor from lights, visor steaming up when i cough, rain on inside of visor from being slightly open,,,,,, jaysus it was fun i tell ya. Got home at 10.45pm

Done the journey in 1h.40min

Was very glad to be home in one piece to a nice warm house !

Surley we diserve some nice weather,,, r do we have ta wait till september

I had to go out today in the rain, so I got all my waterproofs on and out I went. I ended up enjoying it and before I'd realised I'd ended up on one of my excursions. I always end up just riding for the joy of it and see where I end up (yesterday I ended up near Emmerdale Farm). I have to admit it was really good learning and experience and because I had waterproofs on it wasn't that bad (although my feet are soaked) and because I've had a new front tyre fitted (Sport Demon) my bike still stuck to the floor, excellent tyres they are. One thing I learned was to avoid metal man hole/grate covers at all costs.

2 weeks ago i had to ride 300+ miles from Cornwall to Essex on my bike, it rained for about 5 of the 6 and a half hour journey and then it got dark with about half hour left to go and me being a bit of a div had a tinted visor on as well...

Iv never been so grateful to get home, I was shitting myself for the majority of the journey lol. I also dont think iv ever been so wet before! Ever!

Pfft! Bit o watter ne'er 'urt anyone! Whack a set off knobblies on and take her offroad, best fun I've had in the rain, its the winter that sucks, grit on roads, cold hands and no traction!

Its not the rain, its the spray from the cars thats a nightmare!

Its not the rain, its the spray from the cars thats a nightmare!

+1

And I think some of them do it on purpose. :cussing:

+1

And I think some of them do it on purpose. :cussing:

Surely the idiots would have to see you first to do that !! :eusa_shifty:

And also the idiots who think its okay to drive in the rain with no lights on..

Surely the idiots would have to see you first to do that !! :eusa_shifty:

:biglaugha:

We get the guys in the big diesel trucks who think its funny to belch black smoke in your face too. Nice guys, eh?

And you leave a bigger gap so not as much spray, but then you get another nob overtake you to fill the gap because they have to drive attached to the bumper of the car in front, so then you leave a bigger gap and some nob.........

Despicable f*cking weather...

Rain, rain, go away... no seriously rain, why don't you just f*ck the f*ck off, NOW, and don't come back until some time in December?! And when that layabout Summer finally gets here, (2 months late the unreliable little f*cker!), it's gonna get a right ol' mouthful!

Don't the Native Americans have an anti-rain dance? Like a sunshine dance, or a drought dance, or something? ENOUGH WITH THE FECKING RAIN ALREADY!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online