Today is Pete's Birthday

N_Tart
This post is 6904 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Happy birthday there mate! So how old are you now?

:birthday::beerchug:

51!

Managed to get 117 miles in yesterday....so the Strom is now up to 173 miles.

I left Llandod and stopped first in Newtown at the dealers.

Here's mine next to the demo Strom!

vs5.jpg

Then I continued North to Machynlleth via the A470, and across to the coast and down to Aberytswyth.

Then back across the mountain road to Llangurig....the infamous road where bikers regularly manage to kill themselves.

No idea how they manage it!

vs7.jpg

Then a stop for a coffee and let the gormless natives see what a real man on a real motorcycle looks like!

vs6.jpg

Then over the mountain to Llangurig and south to Rhayader. Stopped for another coffee and saw this classic on it's way to Farnborough.

vs8.jpg

And then finally back to Llandod.

117 miles today and a total of 173....so still a lot of running in to do.

The Strom is absolutely superb....I can only go up to 5K revs which is roughly 70, but it's no struggle at all. The bike is so comfortable and relaxing and is still able to pass most traffic even at those low revs.

On the mountain road I was able to test out the handling a bit....and it's simply phenomenal. It takes everything in it's stride with a minimum of effort.

And at the moment my rough estimate is that it's returning over 60mpg.

So I'm a happy bunny! I love the Strom, and as far as I'm concerned (and you can quote me on this)....

.......It's the Bike I've waited all my life for! B)

• Admin

Good excuse Skyline just say the topic has now been pruned :lol:

Better Late then Never........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pete ;)

Glad you found the bike you've been waiting for........they're a pretty decent ride. B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online