ripped off by breakers

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4273 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, Thursday afternoon my fuelpump decided to explode . . .fair enough, bikes getting on so i'll buy a new one and fit it.

ebay - exact replacement - £75 free p&p

breakers - OEM Part - £35 inc Vat + p&p

ideal, rather get an oem part than a replica so i ordered it over the phone from them

got it delivered today to work, opened it and checked the invoice :

Fuelpump - £55

fair enought must have heard the manny wrong on the phone . . .

looked down a bit more . . . .

delivery - £10

Vat - £13

Total - £78

WTF! he clearly said to me that it was inc postage and vat on the phone, i double checkked cos i thought thats what he said but wasnt 100%

so anger and cafeeen running through my vains i phoned them up at lunch,

boy who took my order didnt work there anymore, ( musta got the sack or left oretty soon, i only ordered it on sat) and they cud only refund me £6 towards the post and packaging.

F**kign raging ! anyone gomme som advice on what to do?

said to the boy i wud phone back at the end of the day to decide if i want to accept the 6 quid or not.

if i kent it was gonna be that prive i wud have bought the ane of ebay with a 12 month warrenty ( hopefully selling the bike in sept when my insurance is out)

wont directly name the breakers on here . . . but its one in bentley, doncaster . . . . . on ings road . . .

should i phone credit card company and ask them to block the charge ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd report to trading standards and name and shame on here so no-one else gets ripped off. Aren't you covered by distant sellers act that gives you so long to return the part for full refund?

well it was MT Motorcycles,

im not sure, i'll need to google that, or pop into the local office at the weekend,

Cheers for the advice

Verbal information.

Unless you have some kind of proof of this price quote, I think you're stuffed. If it was indeed a kid on his way out of the company, then again, probably nothing that can be done.

That said, talk to TS and get advice (it's free). Might be that the company must still honour that quote.

hmm if you paid over the phone on a card then the verbal agreement of 35 quid plus vat and postage he should have given you a total figure then taken card details etc.

he cant then just bill you more as that is fraud i cant understand how you didnt know what you were going pay untill the item arrived and you saw the invoice ??

james

well im about 100% sure at the end of the conversation they said 35 . . .

he cant then just bill you more as that is fraud

Good posting,,, :thumb: ,, Get in touch with them ,,,tell them you"l return item , and block payment,,,

i would ring the bank and freeze the transaction asap!, then ring the breakers and ask them whats going off as you were quoted and charged an original amount of £35 with p+p! by rights they should honer the original agreement. if not then they cannot just take the money out of your account without permission! if its a no go ask for a full refund! you are within your rights to get a full refund within 10 days of any transaction as long as the part hasnt been used or tampered with (by you) if they refuse then threaten legal action as they are taking money out of your account without permission!.

Man this has made me angry. I hate it when you get companies that try and pull stuff like this. It's disgraceful. I would definitly block the payment if they wont reduce it to the price they offered. I would speak with them on the phone and give them 3 options.

1. They agree to the price their colleague quoted you on the phone, you accept this and nothing more is said.

2. They offer you a full refund and you take your business elsewhere.

3. They refuse blindly and you go to trading standards. At this point i would also let them know that you are a member of numerous motorcycling forums and have spread the word around about them and their dishonesty and hope it loses them alot of business.

Disgraceful behaviour. I don't understand how businesses manage to keep runing when they offer such shoddy services!

I hope you get it sorted, keep us posted!

Find out *exactly* what teh score is from Trading Standards and follow their advice. They know the law and will NOT hold back anything. They are there to protect YOU and enforce the law on the sellers. Many will also do everything they can to get a prosecution, regardless of whether it's a tiny corner shop or a massive nation-wide corporation!

Under "DISTANCE SELLING" regulations they MUST honour the price that the item was offered at BUT you have to prove that the price you paid is wrong, you can go to the trouble of contacting Citizens advice or Trading standards but they will want a bill that says what you are telling them so no bill no refund, not a nice way to end it but I think your stuffed. You could talk to your credit card people but they will only refund if it don't arrive or is faulty. My advice go round and demand your money back and make lots of noise in their shop right out in front of all their customers, you still might not get it back but it will make you feel so MUCH better. :madflame:

P.S It might be an idea to get all of us to send them an email saying we will never deal with them due to their shoddy treament of you, it might work?

went to trading standards and they pretty much said if i were to take them to court its pretty much my word against theres so :/ take it on the chin i suppose - emailed them saying i was deeply unsatisfied and that i have told all my friends and family to stay well clear of them in future . . think they got the message haha

what the fucks been happening whilst iv,e been away,

post their email on here, so that we can also email them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online