My new FZ8

dand
This post is 4254 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I upgraded from an XJ6 to an FZ8, and I have to say I love it.

I'm not a power freak or anything, but it's nice to have a bit more grunt low down and the power band is nice n smooth just like on the XJ6 in my opinion.

It's been great on the motorway so far as it's less buzzy - it just hums along :)

Pics:

DSCN1782.jpg

DSCN1784.jpg

DSCN1780.jpg

Extras:

Centre Stand

Rack

Box

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

very nice dan :thumb:

sunshine and a double garage too :jossun:

Thank you.

I have to say that it's my parents place, but double garage sure is handy.

Very nice! id love to say my parents had a double garage...........no wait my dad does but he's a cunt so that dont count lol

The weather is truly shite it better start getting better soon or else! Shame that you have only done 330 miles mate, not good when you have a brand new bike that you cant ride!

Tell me about it.

Still not sure I like the tyres it came with (Bridgestones) as opposed to my old XJ6's Dunlops. They dont half squeak a bit when you apply the brakes coming upto a junction, not sure they grip too well...

Sure its the tyres squeaking and not the brakes?

As with the weather, i dont know what came across me yesterday but im that sick of the rain i was starting to think having a bike was a waste of time. Its just getting no use =( We just need one good day and im hoping il snap out of it, i dont want a car!

Are you applying the brakes a bit heavy? thus locking up a tad and making them squeak?

No not really, just applying them steadily and gradually (what i'd call progressive braking). Last night they seemed a little better once i'd done about 40-50 miles

That's a real nice looking bike. well wear. here's to having some nice weather. I got caught in a shower yesterday that was so heavy the rain came down the inside of my visor.

beautiful lookin bike, i like the gold colour upside down forks with the black.

• 4 weeks later...

Tyres seemed to have stopped squeaking now that I've done 1000 miles. It's a much nicer ride than my XJ6 now that I can ramp the revs up. It's even given me confidence to start getting my knee out a bit - not sure why, I just feel more confident on it and enjoy it more than my old XJ6.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online