Bye bye XVS1300 (and SH300i)

clarke
This post is 4276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, I've gone and done it and traded the XVS1300 and SH300i for a Suzuki 650 V-Strom of all things... I loved my XVS1300 loads and wouldn't have traded it in at all, but it wasn't suited for the other half so it had to go in the end. Shame, but hopefully someone else will like it as much as what I did.

One thing that did surprise me was the dealer reckons it's got double the mileage for its age (09) at 10,500 - according to that bloody Glass book it should have around 5,000 miles. I didn't even use it as much as what I wanted to...! What's the point of a bike if you don't ride it???

Anyway if anyone is interested in a cobra slip on exhaust or an O2 mod PM me... I'll be sticking it on ebay soon, but if I can help out a fellow forum member I'd rather do that first.

I'll post a pic of the Strom when I pick it up on Saturday

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

oh dear, sorry to hear that graham, hope you enjoy the SV... i personally wouldnt after an xvs1300. however if it makes her indoors happy who are we to argue ?, interesting comment about mileage as mine is '09' plate with similar mileage on it, how can they say a 3 year old bike should have 5K on the clock ?, that s about 1700 miles a year ? thats ridiculous, bikes are meant to be ridden surely ?

I know what you mean about the DL following the 1300 but I think it has about 69bhp(?) so is in the region of the 1300.

Re: mileage, I was speaking to another salesman about how many miles I should do a year on the Strom & he said Glass hasn't reviewed their mileage figures in over 15 years so don't worry about it....

Hi, i got a trade in price in feb for my 10 plate with 11,500 miles, they knocked off £100 for every 1000 miles above 4,000 miles, non-negotiable, so i told them to get stuffed as they obviously didn't want to sell me a new bike, with this weather we are having, they did me a favour lol!

Here's the new bike

DSC_0350.jpg

Here's the new bike

DSC_0350.jpg

Very nice Graham. There nice an comfy, I know a few lads that has them. The V Storm 1000 is supposed to be crap compared to the 650.

Best of luck with her.

Cheers Pat. I've only done 400 miles since Saturday, but it makes me.realise how much I've missed the old Fazer. Motorbikes are much more enjoyable to ride than scooters.

Off to French Alps in a few weeks so looking forward to put it through its paces.

I've just put some XVS1300 bits on ebay if anyone is interested...

I added some Givi Trekker cases to the Strom yesterday, there's a 33L, 46L and 52L box on it now + I should be getting a tank bag at the end of the week - the missus says she can fill them with shoes for our holiday... :crazy:

VStrom650Trekkers.jpg

VStrom650Trekkers4.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online