Bob Cooper's Chroming!

Preload
This post is 4166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone had there chroming done at Bob Cooper's in Coventry recently as I have your RD header pipes and you have mine.

I picked up my chrome on the 19 May and there was a set of other RD stuff on the bench.

The one's I got are off a newer model as there quite short and totally different angle compared to the spare set I have.

PS. My bike is an RD350B

I hope your on this site...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Has anyone had there chroming done at Bob Cooper's in Coventry recently as I have your RD header pipes and you have mine.

I picked up my chrome on the 19 May and there was a set of other RD stuff on the bench.

The one's I got are off a newer model as there quite short and totally different angle compared to the spare set I have.

PS. My bike is an RD350B

I hope your on this site...

that ain't good - weren't the jobs booked and serial numbered differently? I hope they don't do any jobs where traceability is critical.......

Both points are noted however, In the real world it most engineering shops are at best OK but never on the ball especially any in the Midlands they haven't a clue.

The other chap may not realise until he starts to rebuild and that depends on how far a long he is...

• 4 months later...

Update: Its been a while since my last post but, I have had them back with apologies and very nice they are too.

Here's the almost finished bike just a few small things to do.

20121018125038.jpg

Very nice Preload" :jossun: saw one as nice at squires 2 stroke day,,belonged to Busadonk , you may know him of Air cooled club,,

Thanks chaps. Its my first restoration, I'm more than happy with her not that I'm new to spannering bikes just not doing paint,chrome etc so a bit of a learn curve.

She's been road ready for a couple of months but I had an electrical charging problem which kept me off the road 30 miles max before it started misfiring, I sorted that and then the weather started to change. :shakeno:

I cant wait for the spring so to get the bores run in. :spin2:

Very nice Preload" :jossun: saw one as nice at squires 2 stroke day,,belonged to Busadonk , you may know him of Air cooled club,,

I was at the squires 2 stroke day, I don't know many of the ACRD chaps which includes Busadonk, there wasn't many A/B RD's there but I enjoyed the day out all the same.

Aye preload " hers a piccy of the RD350, thats busadonk at bike speaking to Criss todd, both are geordies,,

RD350B.jpg

Ahh the silver one I was all over it like a rash, I remember it as there was something odd about it but cant put my finger on it. :eusa_think:

Nicely put together though.

Aha " you said it was 250 engine wi 350 barrels, i mind of sumbody saying that,,,or was it matching numbers,,, :eusa_think:

You could be right I can be anal over details but I cant remember! as long as the old bikes are kept alive I'm happy.

Small world eh " :jossun: ther was 8 members off here at the meet, shudda said you were going, would been good to meet yeh, :headbang:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online