I have a bike licence

skyline
This post is 6618 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pretty sure you lose it for both as that's the way it works for points. Insurance can be a bitch for a while (for car insurance go through Direct Line... they only want to know how long you've been banned for and don't care about points).

My licence is a little flakey at the mo too... I've got 15 points (owch).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What is it now for new drivers, 6 points and banned?

6 points is a bit harsh. in Australia we are given 12 points. when you get you bike liscence you have a restricted 250 cc liscence for a yeay and then after that you do another test and you have an open cc liscence ( the tests are the same).

Wot we do here is if you are about to lose all your points ( if you do its a 12 month ban) you just go out and have a couple of ales at the pub then hopefully get caught and random breath tested and blow just over the legal limit of 0.05 and you onkly lose your liscence for 3 months and then when you all clear to ride or drive again you get the whole 12 points back. stupid pigs dont know whats going on.

We start at 12 and then wthey get deducted down to 0 which is when you lose the liscence

Edited by ashie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online