I have a bike licence

skyline
This post is 6618 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A while back i told you i had lost my car and bike licence due to to many points and been a muppet on the road. Recent (april 5th) i retook my car test (parants perswation they still aint keen on letting me on the bike yet :( ) and passed that quite easily. Then i went down the town drinking the other night using my full licence as id, and some way or another me and a mate were comparing, and he's got a 25kw restricted licence, but mine said id still got that licence as well, and i aint retaken no bike test, certainly since all my points were from the bike! i rang up the dvla and they confirmed i had a 33bhp licence? how the hell did i get it back without doing anything? lol

eitherway, bikes been sprayed faster now and new chain n sprockets coming on thurs :D :D :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Then i went down the town drinking

Thats why, drinking solves everything. Thats why i have a beer next to me now.

When u had the bike licence, was it the full one? If so i'd say they just put a ban on your file, and then re-opened it and the info is still there.

Ever heard the old saying?......"Don't look a Gift Horse in the mouth"

Sounds like the Powers to Be mighta screwed up. B)

Whatever you do.......DON'T ARGUE WITH IT! ;)

This skyline bloke sounds like a twat to me.

steady on gordon, sky's been here a long time and contributed quite a bit :angry:

if you lose your licence when you have bike and car on it, you can re sit either one you want to get them both back. quite cool really B)

• Admin

What is it now for new drivers, 6 points and banned?

Absolutely Baz! Errr....got a link for it?  :lol:

errrr, i contribute to the reading part of the fourm :P just i never really have much to say anymore lol, god knows how i posted so many posts :S

if you lose your licence when you have bike and car on it, you can re sit either one you want to get them both back. quite cool really B)

Thats pritty cool then, i just couldnt understand where it came from!

Yea its 6 points and revoktion afaik, i went to court for my other 3 and they just said they are going to have to give me 3 points because i pleded guilty for it.

cheers for the info guys :D

Here's a question on this subject. I've had a car license for nearly 11 years and only had my full bike license since March. How am I affected by this new driver policy? Would 6 points on my bike mean having the bike part revoked or do I get counted as old school?

Either way license is still clean at the moment despite riding a mobile gatso magnet

• Admin

Im pretty sure your not affected, it was for new licences, so in theory you dont have a new licence, because your bike gets added on later if you see what i mean :blink:

• Admin

I was worried about the same thing when i got mine, but seem to remember it was fine B)

technically come to think its all one licence, as in, all my offences were on my bike, but because its all one licence, they took the entire thing (Car and bike) away. which then makes sence that when i get my licence back (be it i only did the car test) i get the bike bit as well because thats my lience, which then means, if you've had a car one for 11 years, and you pass your bike test, the bike bit is only added to ur licence, not an entire new one, so your still allowed 12 points...

lucky bastard

:whatever:

:P

• 6 months later...

if you get banned and have to retake, passing your car test again gets your bike license back as well, if you go out and pass your bike test first, you don't get your car license bask as well!

• 1 month later...

Hi

I just passed my motorcycle test 1 week ago, but I've had my driving lisence for about 15 years. When I read all the bumph you get when you pass, I noticed it said something like 'as a new rider, if you get more than 6 points......' blah blah and it went on to say how you would be banned or disqualified or fined or whatever it was. SO, I took it that if ANYONE took their test since a certain date (when the law concerning that particular issue), regardless of previous category entitlement you were still only allowed to collect 6 points for that category.?

Thats how I read it anyway, though it wasnt specific. I hope its 12 though incase I'm naughty in the future.

Phatjap

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online