Cleaning Products - what do you use?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4289 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey, Planning a super clean of my bike this weekend as its getting a bit manky.

main problem is the engine - as the bike is used as a commuter its does get a bit grotty, anyone recomment any good products? have previosly used simple green, and gunk ( just the brush one) but think i might try the foam one this weekend if i can find it in the local shops.

after that, probs put a bit of solvol autosol onto the meant to be shiny parts and go from there.

whats everyones preffered products?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip

Cant go wrong with gunk and autosol

I am adverse to washing or cleaning bikes however;

Gunk and Autosol are great and I use both. For general cleaning the best, by far, I have used is SDOC100 LINKY It is the dogs!!

aye, autosul does wonders on corrosion, was tempted to get the engine soda blasted, but i think i'll just stick with the elbo grease and do it myself :P

old man suggested oven pride, or similar oven/bbq cleaner, have used it on my silencer before, to clean all the carbon ect out from the inside but never used it as a cleaner for the engine

Jet wash, rag, start engine, followed by WD40 have a smoke while she ticks over and fucks off the neighbors turn off..............................Job done! :D

The joys of Matt black

Rather than wD40, Try GT85 LINKY It smells of polish not oily and protects better. In my humble............

Smells great burning off an engine.

Bucket of water and a rag,,,,,,,once a month if its lucky

Rather than wD40, Try GT85 LINKY It smells of polish not oily and protects better. In my humble............

Yer i got some GT85 but i find WD40 is better at driving the water out from the nooks and crannies. I use the GT85 to clean my desk in the shed lol

Iv found muc off seems pretty good at getting most of the crap off.

I used to use muck of, but found it overpriced and over rated, you can buy pretty much the exaxt same stuff in poundland for . . .£1 haha the contence of whats in it is pretty much exactly the same :P

I used to use muck of, but found it overpriced and over rated, you can buy pretty much the exaxt same stuff in poundland for . . .£1 haha the contence of whats in it is pretty much exactly the same :P

Thats basically the reason i rearely buy it anymore, just too expensive. I normally just jet wash it with some car shampoo unless theres some really stubborn greasy bits that wont budge, does the job.

pound shop degreaser for me.

Peeks polish on everything as its a gentle polish

bit of wax on the bodywork and chrome

Motrax clean and polish on other bits

dry off with a leaf blower on full chat,now that pisses off the neighbours :)

for the oiley stuff i use Dr beckmans oven cleaner its cheap and does wonders. Then hose her down get a bucket of hot water with two caps of turtle wax car wash, wash rinse and dry. then i get the mr sheen out for anything thats seen.

Spit, rain, occasionally Muc-Off, ACF-50 or WD40, jetwash sometimes.

some Muk off near me in Bolton megamotorcyclestore £10 for 2. might get some

m&p do offers on muc off every now and again. Last time it was buy one get one free on the 4L bottles so 8L for £20!

• 2 weeks later...

got to agree on this one, use it at work and it is recommended for cleaning dashboards and all sorts of things plus it lubricates and free,s off seized stuff to boot as well

I spend hours polishing and detailing my Pathfinder so I will be deploying the same products on my bike, namely:

Demon Shine

Autoglym srp (Super Resin Polish)

3M High Gloss Polish

Something else to polish now!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online