A fact about insurance!

Will Munsey
This post is 4319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It's a load of horse s**t.

I have a 2012 XJ6 [naked] was thinking of trading for XT660Z Tenere. Phoned insurance company. Got a quote, goes from £1000[fully comp] on the XJ6 to £2000 on the tenere. A lower powered bike? Makes no sense to me! It's not like the bike is worth a thousand quid more either!

Oh just a note, with another company I can get it for £1000. Just the shitty one I'm tied in with thats expensive lol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the advice is, always shop around.

I was at an insurance company and overheard in the board room how they set prices and which business they want.

they allocate a limit to attract punters, then when its used up, charge more to put the rest off.

It spreads the risk profile for the company. there are other factors like renewal and new business.

think abut it, you don't want a portfolio of just high risk punters as you'd soon go bankrupt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online