Hi to all,new member

miruku
This post is 4299 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,just joined.Not owned a bike for 25 years and have just bought a 1987 yamaha fzx 750 with a 1000cc genesis engine fitted.I have no paperwork or info on what year the engine is,would i be right in thinking it is a fzr unit,because if i want to replace the engine anyone know what year of engine i could use without loads of mods.Also as to yet bought a few bits and pieces for the bike,but seem to come to a dead end looking for 4into2 down pipes.Any info would be greatly received however small.Love this bike and want to put it back to a very high standard of finish as i will never sell it.Anyone who has changed engines as above,i would like to talk to.Thank you all for taking the time to read this,hope someone can help,big thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think you've posted your questions in the right place, but you should probably introduce yourself in the new member section too just to let the folks know who you are. :) good luck on the engine swap.

I must've been asleep... looks like this is in the wrong forum. You've posted your questions in the "forum help" area and should probably post in the workshop section... but definitely introduce yourself first. :)

Edited by Sacha

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online