Given the choice would you wear a helmet?

Grouch
This post is 4294 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

DId you see Rossi the other weekend when he fell off? he wears the best that you can buy and he still had no arse in his trousers when he walked back to the pit, if it's fast enough then as Ttaskmaster says it will wear through. :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't go to war without a gun would you?

Padres, Medics and Corpsmen do that all the time, right on the front lines.

But even they all still wear helmets! ;)

Padres, Medics and Corpsmen do that all the time, right on the front lines.

But even they all still wear helmets! ;)

They do carry guns these days, no matter what job you take in the forces these days you have to be trained as a soldier first and for most. Non of that pacifist stuff now. lol

A soldier trained as a field medic within a patrol, yes. They are soldiers.

But a designated Medic, ie a non-combatant, cannot carry a weapon, by the very nature of being a non-combatant according to the Geneva Convention. Admittedly, we're one of the few nations that actually bother abiding by the GC, but our non-combatant guys still do not carry weapons.

Ah too shay! Well I was trained as a tanky n never really bothered with any other job roll all I knew was that every bugger in the forces was a soldier first n for most n I could rely on them to cover my back as well as they can trust me.

Every day is a school day. Cheers Tt.

If a Medic carries a gun, he's a combatant and a legitimate target for enemy fire. That's also why he's often wearing the red cross insigia everywhere.

Most soldiers in the world realise that if they get caught after shooting a medic, they're likely to be left to die.

Just a thought, but if someone wearing protective kevlar bike trousers had an off,,and say broke a leg in a couple of places, what are they like for paramedics cutting them off with a pair of scissors? surely it would be a struggle to do?

Good point

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online