Is this a normal difference?

CorradosandYahas
This post is 4302 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I have been driving my 75 dt175 for the last week or so and thought that it was great. The power band is very smooth but it is all in all a very slow bike. Today the magneto shit the bed so I decided to focus on the 78 dt175mx for a day. Got it up and running and holy hell. That thing runs like a raped date. You hit that power band and it puts you back in the seat a good bit.

Should there be this big a difference between the two bikes? Or do i have some power loss issues in the DT?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like DT needs a bit of a going over. I had similar and it came down to cleaning the exhaust out and it was like a new bike.

Gordo

Hi

Just for a comparison:

My DT 175 twin shock is a 76 model with the single plug cylinder head, It has had an engine rebuild in the last 2000 miles and I consider it to be running ok, no misfiring the plug is the running a straw brown and it fires up first or second kick hot or cold and can just about lift the front wheel (only a couple of inches, I am told size is not important) accelerating hard into 2nd gear, it has one tooth more on the front sprocket it will show and indicated 70 mph on the flat, it don’t like it and the revs are very close to the red line but it will do it, normally I ride it around at between 50 to 60 mph, I cannot compare it to a MX model as the last time I rode one of those Pontius was still a pilot,

i'm intrigued by your description that you have a DT175MX?

that model name never occurred in USA, your equivalent models were DT175E,F,G etc

However you did have an MX175 farm bike without lights and stuff then never came here, I think it was similar but not sure of the differences in any detail

perhaps if you tell us the vin# we can clear that one up?

My thoughts too, Paul. Time for some piccies and a VIN.

Copy. Ill try to get some pics up later tonight. It has full lights and gauges. Where is the VIN located? I fear it has probably been painted over by the PO.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online