FZ1

pilninggas
This post is 4280 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Done the deal today to chop the XJ6 in for an FZ1. Nearly new with a few handy mods.

Will be sad to see the XJ6 go, but as I have no car now, wanted a bike that was a tiny bit more fun.

Had a ball-ache with the insurance, when I renewed the XJ6 I put the panniers and hugger as mods: the result of which means the underwriter wouldn't cover the FZ1. Had to cancel and go elsewhere, money down the drain. The best bit was both the old and new companies told me panniers, huggers, poncy indicators and stuff don't need to be declared. Damn it try to play by their rules and they still stiff you.....

,,,,, can't wait for the FZ1, 150bhp, EXUP,

very excitificated now!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cool Merv, there are a really great bike

When does she land on your doorstep ?

Cool Merv, there are a really great bike

When does she land on your doorstep ?

Friday after work all being well - this will be a long week. Doing nought now, and very bored as my budget for the month is now a bit different.

Already looking at some goodies. It does have a givi topbox rack (i have a givi topbox), a baglux tank cover (I have a baglux tankbag in the loft) and heated grips.

Will buy a pannier rack so I can fit my Kappa K33Ns.

Can't wait to max it on the Autobahn (or maybe up the M32!).

There a great bike merv, Thats the FZ1 n, aint it,, i rode one in ireland last year,, very nimble, :thumb:

There a great bike merv, Thats the FZ1 n, aint it,, i rode one in ireland last year,, very nimble, :thumb:

It's the FZ1S with half fairing.

now all you want to do is ride it and all it does is keep raining. all i want to do is ride my xj6 but the rain ruins it.

now all you want to do is ride it and all it does is keep raining. all i want to do is ride my xj6 but the rain ruins it.

Was wet here until 10am, has beene dry since. The weekend does not look as good.

this weather is really getting on my nerves, ive never known a summer like it. i must have washed the xj at least ten times since i bought it in may and every time i get it nice and shiney, it rains!!!!!!!

this weather is really getting on my nerves, ive never known a summer like it. i must have washed the xj at least ten times since i bought it in may and every time i get it nice and shiney, it rains!!!!!!!

We get plenty of wet summers, the big problem is prior to april we had 18months of massively dry weather and, well, we got used to it.

Since summer really started this week (the solstice) we might yet have a good one. Last year we were still enjoying dry sunday rides to places like Weymouth in late october- all this wet weather is payback...........

at least the hosepipe ban has been lifted, i can wash the bike easier now.

• 3 weeks later...

Merv

:photo2: :photo2: :photo2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online