Techie Help

Boozehound
This post is 6918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My bike's been in the garage since it was recovered from the ratboys who stole it.

It's had a new ignition barrel fitted and been rewired but I'm having a problem. When I turn the ignition on, everything lights up but the bike won't start, as though the engine cut off switch (that's the big red button Smitty :P ) is on, which it isn't. The mechanic's stumped and so am I. One thing I did notice is that the fuel light flashes a couple of times when it's switched on initially - is this some sort of diagnostic warning?

Any help would be very much appreciated guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Maybe try & Hotwire it......to make sure the starter is getting juice.....then work your way back to the starter relay, & then to the switch.

A continuity tester will prove advantagous for this ;)

HTH

Try taking the two wires out of the kill switch and twist them together, then try an start it, if it fires up the kill switch is knackered. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online