XT660X TPS PROBS.

Stonelancer67
This post is 4335 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, i want to pick your brains. I recently picked up a second hand XT660X with 15k on the clock. Its a lovely machine but it over revs by itself and dies out at low speed when changing gear. There have been times when ive been placed in danger because of this and its also quite embarrassing. Never has any problem restarting though!

I know its the TPS.

Looking back at some of the forums, i can see other XT riders have had the same problem and ive heard that Yamaha replaced the TPS on some machines under warranty but i expect this option is not available anymore because the machine is a 04 model and getting on a bit.

Does anyone know where i can order a TPS because ive had a look around and cant find any. ??

Some help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Contact a Yamaha dealer to see if it can be done under warranty, If not get a power commander.

I would suggest you read this.

Your best bet to to pop over to www.xt660.com

Lots of good mods and advice there.

Don't forget to come back. Great bikes the XT660's

If it was a recall you should still be enititled to it.

Hope you get it sorted.

You are completely right Ryan09, i contacted Alf England Yamaha and it appears that my bike still has a TPS recall outstanding. The lads at Alf England have done me proud. I should be getting it quite soon i hope. Happy days :spin2:

Thank you to everyone who replied to this post.